My Little Pony !!

Bro1.jpg

Bro2.jpg

No real issues so far. Just a joy to build. Canopies fit perfectly on this kit - I have read that they need some degree of effort, but mine worked perfectly. A wee bit of filler on the underside of the sponson to the rear but nothing that Squadron SuperFine couldn't handle. Next we're off to paint shed to spray around the canopy in a dark or medium grey, then undercoat the whole in white ready for its' (very colourful) paint job.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Whoa !!!

This is from the man who has been building the 1:24 Bronco, from scratch...... building his own jigs...... then creating the parts and sub-assemblies from 'fairy dust' and coming-up with the ultimate understatement "I like Broncos!" Hang-on a minute, where's the 'I'm not worthy' smilie...... :) Ahh, there it is.

Seriously though, the colour scheme is going to be one of the NATC birds from the late seventies, in the standard green/grey/white scheme, but with acres of bright red on it too !

Ian

Schweeet! I like Broncos! What's it gonna be? I'll come around and forgive you it is anything other than a Marine bird. :woo:

Looks really good now though!

Timmy!

• 3 weeks later...

Some painting progress over the last week or so. First the whole was given two coats of Humbrol white (a mix of 50/50 Satin and Gloss). The top of the wings were given four coats.

Bronco03.jpg

Bronco04.jpg

Once dry the top wing was masked ready for the next colour.

Bronco05.jpg

Bronco06.jpg

Bronco07.jpg

This 'red' is a Humbrol colour, cannot recall which one mixed with around 15% Xtracolour 'Leuchtorange'.

Hopefully will get to finish this before next weekend. As ever, any questions or comments are welcome.

Ian

Speaking of Marine OV-10's, I know one colour scheme was of green and a

light grey, but was the third colour dark green or black. The pics I have seen, it

is difficult to tell

Black. See:

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/draw/ov10a_usmc85a.jpg

Mind you, it's a bit hard to tell on this schematic as well, but if you turn up the gamma it'll be more obvious what color goes where.

HTH,

Andre