New Battlestar Galactica models.

Starship modeller has a poll running.

What subjects from the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series would you like to see produced as new kits from a mainstream manufacturer.

From the buzz over there, it sounds like one of the big model companies is very interested in our input.

You can choose 4 subjects from a list of ships, but you can only vote once.

Click on this link.

Well this has just been posted in the thread over there.

Quote:"A little birdie tells me that it is unlikely (extremely unlikely) that Revell will devote the necessary tooling to do a Pegasus - in any scale- in the first run of kits. They're not going to get bitten by another 'one episode wonder' (OK- so it was a few more than that, but you get the point) like the Kazon Torpedo and Maquis Fighter.

If the first run is profitable enough to encourage them to continue the license, then a smaller multi-ship set with Galactica and Pegasus, and maybe a Base star (or 2?) is a distinct possibility."

Here is a link to the whole thread.

Click.

As an aside. I just listened to the BSG season 2 soundtrack. The Colonial Anthem is simply the best piece of music I have heard in quite a while!

What a wonderful tribute to the old series :yahoo:

:wub:

MikeJ

When I was first getting into music/composition/arranging in college, I wrote the theme for the marching band (didn't actually march it on the field, just played it sitting in the stands). Loved it. Really did the brass section up a treat....

When I was first getting into music/composition/arranging in college, I wrote the theme for the marching band (didn't actually march it on the field, just played it sitting in the stands). Loved it. Really did the brass section up a treat....

The drums get me going in this anthem...Most excellent :lol:

I think a figure model of the cylon warriors would be pretty cool. But unfortunately that wasn't a choice. :woo: Well that's my two cents.

Another off subject kinda thing. I love the new BSG, but I'm a little concerned in the path the story is taking. It's getting really close to being too soap opera-ish IMHO (please don't tar & feather me for saying so) :tease:

I think a figure model of the cylon warriors would be pretty cool. But unfortunately that wasn't a choice. :) Well that's my two cents.

Another off subject kinda thing. I love the new BSG, but I'm a little concerned in the path the story is taking. It's getting really close to being too soap opera-ish IMHO (please don't tar & feather me for saying so) :worship:

Tend to agree with you there and one reason I prefer to watch Stargate SG1/Atlantis in preference now.

:cheers:

MikeJ

I think a figure model of the cylon warriors would be pretty cool. But unfortunately that wasn't a choice. :unsure: Well that's my two cents.

Another off subject kinda thing. I love the new BSG, but I'm a little concerned in the path the story is taking. It's getting really close to being too soap opera-ish IMHO (please don't tar & feather me for saying so) :bandhead2:

BURN HIM, BURN HIM!!!! Just jokes. All things considered BSG is still the best show on (or off in Australia) TV.

Just hope that it continues through to the end without a hinderance. Too many great Sci-Fi shows get canned before there finished.....

Here's hoping that those kits that were voting for do come into being, that would be great :lol:

Edited by nimrod77
BURN HIM, BURN HIM!!!! Just jokes. All things considered BSG is still the best show on (or off in Australia) TV.

Just hope that it continues through to the end without a hinderance. Too many great Sci-Fi shows get canned before there finished.

Amen to that.

Watching the reruns of "Space 1999" on ITV4, I'm struck just how dark and pessimistic the first season was, the stories often exploring really interesting themes and ideas ("Black Sun" is a classic). Plus there are a few really icky moments that must have given the schedulers kittens, like Brian Blessed's smoking, bloody skeleton in "Where Death Has No Domain".

It always amused how Trek fan-boys like Asimov and Ellison slagged the show off for "scientific inaccuracies" as if Trek was somehow rooted in real science. Besides, at least they had seat belts on the Eagles - in every Trek series up to and including Enterprise people were still flailing around the cockpits in swivel chairs!

The less said about season 2 of S1999 the better though...