Su-25 Monogram 1/48

Hi FrereLeO,

I just came across your posts, and I must say I had a great pleasure in reading the many pages of your building. I really like your style, and the way you enhance every part of the kit, with the help of only a few basic material: recycled aluminium cans, plastic from yogourt pots, fishing lead wire, etc.

Continue the awesome job, you just added an additional fervent reader to your fans' club :(

Amicalement,

Pierre

Bonjour FrereLeO!

I have also recently discovered your amazing work-in-progress and have enjoyed getting caught up on all of your hard work. In this day and age of easy "super detailing" with after-market resin and photo-etch sets, I can't tell you how inspiring it is to see REAL model building skills in action......my hat is off to you. Thanks to your wonderfully clear and detailed photos and explanations of your techniques, I feel like I'm attending an online class. I'm eagerly looking forward to your next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and thanks for your kind words.

you just added an additional fervent reader to your fans' club :thumbsup:

Et pas le moindre !

Ca me touche particuliĂƒÂ¨rement, Pierre

Merci

In this day and age of easy "super detailing" with after-market resin and photo-etch sets, I can't tell you how inspiring it is to see REAL model building skills in action

I totally agree with you.

I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t denigrate after-market resin and photo-etch sets because the guys who made them are very talented but personally, I think itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s more rewarding to make oneself the job.

The doors are finished :

Trappe-03.jpg

For the nose landing gear wheel, I had the choice between a rim with pigeonhole or with a trim. (IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m not sure of translation )

I chose the simplest even if itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s not most aesthetic

Train-01.jpg

Hello,

thanks for your comments.

I used Gunze H67 with a drop of Cyan to paint the lower surface.

The dielectric panels were painted with Gunze H340 and the protective sheet metal with PA Metal :

Paint-01.jpg