Su-25 Monogram 1/48

I have a bashed-together OEZ and Monogram SU-25 that is currently in time-out (and has been for over a year) while I get the courage to paint it as I want. I used the OUTSTANDING Neomega cockpit for it and highly recommend it. In fact, I have actually purchased some kits that I wasn't previously that interested in, but did in order to use more Neomega pits!

Here the link to the Froggy pit

Yours looks terrific and do get ahold of the OEZ when you can, it's a bit nicer than the Monogram... in some areas... as I said, I couldn't find happiness with either kit on its own. lol

AMS'ed that build right into time-out, I did!

~tracy

Good start there.

As some kind of motivation I include a link to the Frogfoot which my friend Jens built some years back. He also used the Mono kit, but modified it heavily using parts of the KPkit and also scratch built stuff.

Here´s the link:http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/artikel.php?id=796

Cheers,

Joerg

Bonjour, that's really amazing. Can't wait to see it finished! As I have now (almost) finished my BA thesis, I'll go home tomorrow to get some work on my F11F-1 done. Your in pogress shots are always a great motivation - whatever model I'm building. :(

A+ Bernd

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for your kind words :whistle:

As some kind of motivation I include a link to the Frogfoot which my friend Jens built some years back. He also used the Mono kit, but modified it heavily using parts of the KPkit and also scratch built stuff.

Here´s the link:http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/artikel.php?id=796

Thanks for the link, Joerg.

I know this build. Very beautiful build and very inspiring to me. :cheers:

Once again you've made a wonderful start to what I'm sure will be another exellent build FrereLeO :cheers:

Have the KP kit in the stash so think this one will serve as inspiration for the day it finaly makes the journey to the work-bench.

Thanks for your comments B)

Your work is very inspiring :)

One question. What do you use to cut out panels on the fuselage. In this picture the plastic seems really thick, but you managed to get a clean cut.

I follow the engraved lines with a #11 blade.

It’s a long work but the result is very good.

I reckon he has laser eyes..

No laser eyes, alas. But soon, glasses :beer4:

I was thinking the same thing, How did you make those black rivets?

Ivan

It’s Pebeo Cerne Relief

8095_774000.jpg

It’s a product used to imitate stained glass. They are applied directly from the tube with a needle to make a raised rivet.

:lol:

Edited by FrereLeO