It appears that our website idea isn't going to pan out, so therefore post photos of all your completed projects here. I would ask that all comments be made on the "in progress" threads below, so we can reduce the clutter in this thread. Please post the scale/kit you used, what subject you built, a little bit about it, and then 4-5 photos of your project. If you need a place to host your photos, go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account.

I'm looking forward to seeing completed projects here, let's see 'em!

On behalf of the Reserves GB moderating staff,

-Jeremy

It appears that our website idea isn't going to pan out, so therefore post photos of all your completed projects here. I would ask that all comments be made on the "in progress" threads below, so we can reduce the clutter in this thread. Please post the scale/kit you used, what subject you built, a little bit about it, and then 4-5 photos of your project. If you need a place to host your photos, go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account.

I'm looking forward to seeing completed projects here, let's see 'em!

On behalf of the Reserves GB moderating staff,

-Jeremy

Bummer....however...I'll volunteer space on my site and time to publish the builds. I will make a page and post the link here once I do.

If you want it listed on the site, please send me an email at middleken@hotmail.com:

Up to 3 images at no more than 800x600 resolution each

Some text on the build

In the subject line, please have "ARC Reserves GB Completed Submission"

Thanks - once I have a page set up, I will post it here.

Ken

This is the 1:48th Hasegawa F-16C kit with Twobobs "Lone Star Gunfighters" decals. It put up a valiant struggle, but I did get it completed.

I've built this particular aircraft twice now. First was in its NY ANG markings, since I'm from New York originally and this time around in its TX ANG markings since my wife's from Texas and that's where we met. It is loaded out for Operation Noble Eagle with 2 AIM-120A and 2 AIM-9M plus two tanks.

P6300020.jpg

P6300021.jpg

Edited by Cobrahistorian

Hello Ken,

Just wanted to let you know that it was me that sent you pictures of Typhoon T.1 ZJ805 of 29(Reserve) Sqn, RAF in 72nd scale as I think I forgot to put my name on the e-mail :crying:

Cheers again, Ian Buick

HOLD THE PHONE- just got your e-mail Ken, much appreciated!!! Please ignore above ramblings. B)

Edited by Ian Buick
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished two 1/48 Monogram F-84F Thunderstreaks and posted several pictures in the general portion of this GB thread. I will post one picture of both here for the "official" completion. The one on the left is from the 122 TFW, 163 TFS, Blacksnakes of the Indiana ANG at Ft Wayne. The one on the right is from the 182 FIG, 169 FIS of the Illinois ANG at Peoria.

Darwin

DSCN2389.jpg

I just finished my third model, the second one for the Reserves Group Build. It is the Revell, 1/72 scale F-89D/J Scorpion. I built it as a J model from the 119 Fighter Group, 178 Fighter Squadron of the North Dakota Air National Guard at Fargo. The kit went together rather well with very few problems. I left the main landing gear doors open even though they are closed in all the pictures I have seen of the plane on ground. I wanted to be able to see the inside of the gear wells. I guess the plane was undergoing some last minute maintenance before going on alert with the two Genie missiles. The decals from the kit were terrible. The first ones that I tried to use disentegrated into a gazillion pieces when I put them in water. I sprayed 3 coats of clear decal fixer over them and let it dry for a week. They only broke into 5 or 6 pieces the next time I tried to use them. Getting the pieces lined up on the model was a real pain in the you know what.

I used Model Master's Aero Master aerosol Aluminum Plate for the basic finish and buffed it to a glossy shine. I sprayed some on several test scraps and then put different clear coats over them. Every one of them took away most of the shine, so I didn't use a clear overcoat on the plane. That is why the clear part of the decal shows up in some pictures. More photos are posted in the daily Critique Corner and my photobucket accounts at: http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/te...89J%20ND%20ANG/

Comments welcome

DSCN2488.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All... Finally finishe my Corsair and my 1st Group Build!! :) This 1/48th Scale Monogram "ProModeler" F4U-5 Corsair is from the reserve unit @ Glenview NAS, Illinois. Pretty much OOB, except adding ignition harnesses to the engine, tie down loop on the tail wheel and vent tubes on the Drop tanks.. Very little weathering.... Had fun doing this... I love the Corsair.... This is my 6th since last Summer...

Enjoy!!

Thanks

Dave

P1010001dddd.jpg

P1010008cccc.jpg

P1010015cccc.jpg

P1010002dddd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

FInally finished this thing. After help from JMEL and Afterburner Decals Scott!!! THANKS GUYS!! Hasegawa kit with the modifications necessary, bulged doors, bigger wheels, CarbonFiber decals for the exhaust. Heres the pics...

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Hope you like it,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Edited by Bugfan

F-16C block 25 - Vermont Air Guard 158 FW 50th anniversary scheme 1996 - Academy 1/48

The kit is not too bad. There are a moderatly large number of ejector pin marks in visible areas of the wheel wells, the intake is a bit of work if you want to get rid of seams inside and the top seam on the wings is a little trouble but over all I'd give it a 7.5 on a 1 to 10 scale.

I used the kit decals which worked fine once I concocted a brew of equal parts Solvaset, Future and water. When used liberally, it got the decals to conform and stay stuck. It's a little tricky in that you can't adjust the position of the decal once the Future starts to set up so you have to get it right the first time. You can move it as long as it's wet, but as soon as it starts to set you can't seem to re-wet and readjust.

The only non OOB stuff are belts made from lead foil, a couple of punched out buttons on the stick and throttle and to cover the seam on the back end of the wing tanks, and some lights.

I drilled out the landing, taxi and rear fuselage flood lights and lined the depression with a punched disc of foil and then filled the depression with 5-minute epoxy to make the lens. I also made the wingtip lights and the anti-smash beacon on the top of the vertical tail out of bits of clear sprue. I filed the sprue into an oval cross section and then polished it. Once it was nice and shiney I heat stretched it until it was at the right diameter for the wingtip lights. It stays oval when you stretch it. I cut one end of the stretched sprue flat and then drilled a #80 hole in about 30 thousandths of an inch and filled the hole with paint to represent the colored bulb in the clear housing. I did that four times, two red and two green. I also used some silver after the green and red dried to back up the color and make it more visible. I cut off a tiny bit of the sprue including the painted in hole and glued it to the wing tips, one on top and one on the bottom of each wing.

The anti-smash beacon was done the same except that I just filed a rectangle shape in clear sprue and then polished it. I didn't need to heat stretch it because the light was bigger. I did the drill bit light bulb too, but left it unpainted because that light is white.

f16tailleftfrontzr4.jpg Here you can see the flood light.

f16cockpitsz4.jpg

f16missileskv4.jpg

f16rightfrontil6.jpg

f16bottomsd5.jpg

Well here's mine finished it last night.

F-4D Phantom II, 906th TFG, 89th TFS, United States Air Force Reserve. The kit is Monogram 1/48 F-4 Phantom II. Decals are from Repli Scale.

Mike

PICT1692.jpg

PICT1695.jpg

Edited by P-38 guy