DACO German Starfighters Decal sheet

It's still not yet finished, due to some decal work projects for Revell.

The decal counter is now above 500 different decals, and still more zaps will be added (sofar more than 100 of these special markings have been found and redrawn into a decal).

Previews can be seen at my website http://ultra.glo.be/daco through the "what are we working on" link in the upper left frame, although the shown versions are already "out of date".

Danny

Thanks for the reply.

Really looking forward to the release of this sheet in 1/48th.

How are you going to design the instruction sheet to show around 100 variations to the colour and marking schemes?. It won't be like an intruction sheet but more like a book! :wacko:

Shaun.

Edited by ShaunBD

The instructions will be indeed a (small) booklet, but obviously the instructions for most zappings will be put online on my website.

I've another "surprise" for the 1/48th Starfighter builders, and I would say: don't start with building your models yet...

As soon as I have something "visuable", I'll put it on my website.

Danny

The instructions will be indeed a (small) booklet, but obviously the instructions for most zappings will be put online on my website.

I've another "surprise" for the 1/48th Starfighter builders, and I would say: don't start with building your models yet...

As soon as I have something "visuable", I'll put it on my website.

Danny

Can you show any profiles for the German and Belgian sheets?

Chappie

• 1 month later...

Hi all

New previews of the coming Starfighter decals are put on my website, through the link "what are we working on" in the left upper frame.

(or directly as: http://ultra.glo.be/daco/KAst14.html )

Sheet B will be available seperately too, with an extra set of crosses, but only directly from me.

enjoy them !

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

http://ultra.glo.be/daco

Please Please Please :)

Please work on a similar sheet on italian 104, the preview looks amazing and just thinking about the same with red-white-green crokades make me want to go and buy several more hase kits :) (not that I don't have plenty already)

Bye Paolo

New previews of the coming Starfighter decals are put on my website, through the link "what are we working on" in the left upper frame.

Looking very good!

Cheers,

Andre

Please Please Please :banana:

Please work on a similar sheet on italian 104, the preview looks amazing and just thinking about the same with red-white-green crokades make me want to go and buy several more hase kits :doh: (not that I don't have plenty already)

Bye Paolo

Second that.

Hi Danny,

I'll definitely come see you for an extra "German crosses and numbers" sheet.

For the Belgian sheet...have you considered adding decals for pilots' helmets?

About the Italian Starfigters. If you're doing a resin set for the TF-104, you might also consider doing one with the things that are needed for an F-104S.

Cheers, Stefan.

The idea of helmets is already integrated, but if someone has pictures of German helmets to redraw the covers, that would be very helpfull. I think I have most Belgian covers already.

The Starfighter set is not going to be in resin, but in plastic... and all the F-104S parts will be included, aside a lot more. More about this "completement and improvement" set will be given later, when it's closer to become available.

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

About the Italian Starfigters. If you're doing a resin set for the TF-104, you might also consider doing one with the things that are needed for an F-104S.

Cheers, Stefan.

What are the 48th Hasegawa Italian 104s missing?

Chappie

What are the 48th Hasegawa Italian 104s missing?

Chappie

Hi,

Mainly underwing pylons.

It's already dissappointing for me that there are no underwing pylons or tanks in the F-104G kits, but the real F-104S even had an extra underwing pylon (per wing).

The goal of the S model was to have more weapons on pylons, the configuration they had in mind was Sidewinders on the wingtips, Sparrows on the outboard underwing pylons and droptanks on the inner underwing pylons. So, it's kind of dissapointing to buy a model of an S and it pretty much looks just like the others with nothing under the wings.

Having read in reviews that there are no underwing pylons, I haven't even bought the "S" kit.

I'm not even sure that the added stabilising fins under the rear fuselage are included in the 1/48 kit.

Cheers, Stefan.

I'm not even sure that the added stabilising fins under the rear fuselage are included in the 1/48 kit.

It does:

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/.../10053648z4.jpg

Sprue V.

As with all F-104S kits in any scale, the main ventral fin is trill wrong, though - the S has a unique one with more sweep on the leading edge.

HTH,

Andre

It's also missing the revised intakes (this being the main 'structural' issue). The real S had bigger, more bulged intakes with aux inlet doors; Hasegawa would have you simply fill the panel lines on the normal ones and apply decals to simulate the S' panel lines. Basically, it's a really half-assed effort at getting an F-104S.

Odd, since their 1/72 kit is accurate.

It's also missing the revised intakes (this being the main 'structural' issue). The real S had bigger, more bulged intakes with aux inlet doors

For this project I've flew to Italy and after having measured the air intakes of both types (F-104G and F-104S) I can state that they ARE the same regarding the bulge shape. The intake lip of the S type is only a bit more straight (-2.5 cm at the top and +1.5 cm at the bottom) and the inlet doors are different, but the overall shape is the same... Also the aft fuselage around the engine is the same.

I hope these wrong rumours can finally be forgotten.

But if there are experts on the Hasegawa 1/48 F-104 kits around you, I'm always interested in knowing the mistakes to see I haven't forgotten anything --> daco@glo.be (no ARC PMs please)

(& I'm going to measure the ventral fin to double check if it's indeed wrong)

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

(& I'm going to measure the ventral fin to double check if it's indeed wrong)

I did a quick Google and found this pic:

http://www.916-starfighter.de/916starfight...ge/104wa999.jpg

This shows clearly the different leading edge angle of the main ventral fin on the F-104S when compared with this shot of ROCAF F-104G's:

http://www.916-starfighter.de/Large/Stars/wR400.htm

I must confess I don't have a clue if, as compared to the fin on all other producton Starfighters, the leading edge is just cut back so the lenght where it joins the fuselage is the same, or if there's an extension on the front.

Cheers,

Andre