Hello all!! I am looking for 1/72 modern armament...specifically GBU-38,31 Aim-9X and JSOWs.

A lot of other guys are looking for GBU-38, too. AIM-9X can be obtained from the Hasegawa 1/72 Super Hornet kits, and the JSOW can be obtained in the Hasegawa weapon set VII.

Yep, and if they follow their standard procedure, they'll be sure to include maybe two or four in a big set of stuff most of us wouldn't use much of anyway... :)

I'm lucky to have just picked up set VII for about $3 here at a Hobbytown that's closing its doors.... :lol:

Yep, and if they follow their standard procedure, they'll be sure to include maybe two or four in a big set of stuff most of us wouldn't use much of anyway... :thumbsup:

I feel your pain- I have more towed target things and practice dispensers and gun pods than I know what to do with!

:)

jb

I feel your pain- I have more towed target things and practice dispensers and gun pods than I know what to do with!

:D

jb

I'll be happy to send my tow-targets and some gunpods to you too - then you'll have even more of them :woo:

:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we should have a stress-relieving GB of kitbashed items using the parts from those damned tow-rigs? Sort of a less barbaric version of a bookburning?

Or, a contest of interesting/creative things to do with/ways to dispose of the things?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

That idea has merit. A target towing GB. Lots of colorful schemes for such aircraft, and maybe a way to loose some of those Hasegawa towed targets from their weapons sets...

later

Ruud

• 4 weeks later...

Minor Bump

I glad so many of you are inundated with target towing rigs.

Would someone therefore be able to give me an idea of the target towing rigs/set-up used by 100 Squadron RAF and their shiny black Hawks.

I think I've found some possible photos on Airliners.net etc, of a shortish tube, rounded at both ends, mounted on the centre line by a square-ish 4 pegged holder - is this it?

(I know the size etc of the targets themselves as I live on a camp where the APC's take place and various accomodation blocks use them for decoration)

Thanks

...a shortish tube, rounded at both ends, mounted on the centre line by a square-ish 4 pegged holder...

Sounds like a Luneberg Lens (sp?), used (I think) to increase the Hawk's radar return so it looks like something bigger like a (insert name of current perceived air-air threat here..) and makes it easier for the F3 to find.

I had assumed that towed gunnery targets went out with Canberras but if anyone knows the current position I would be happy to be corrected.

Regards,

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart.

Your idea makes sense, all the photo's I've come across seem to have been to do with Advanced Weapons Training so a radar substitute would make sense.

I can guarantee that they do still tow targets. We have Armourment Practice Camps out here in Cyprus, for both Jaguars (probably not any more though) and Tornados.

Pairs of jets use painted shells that mark the netting target when they hit.

From memory a 20% hit ratio is the expected base rate for a pilot.