Later Mirage IIIC engine conversion?

Does anyone have a conversion bit to do the later engine for the Mirage (Atar 9D?) that reshapped the rear end of Israeli Mirage IIICJs? I am not sure if either the HB or Eduard has the alternate rear fuselage part OOB, but with my current interest being peaked by both the HB and the Weekend Editions being released in the next month or so and I'd like to do an IDF one with the ID triangles and from what I have read you cannot do that one with the parts in the box.

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts
Does anyone have a conversion bit to do the later engine for the Mirage (Atar 9D?) that reshapped the rear end of Israeli Mirage IIICJs? I am not sure if either the HB or Eduard has the alternate rear fuselage part OOB, but with my current interest being peaked by both the HB and the Weekend Editions being released in the next month or so and I'd like to do an IDF one with the ID triangels and from what I have read you cannot do that one with the parts in the box.

Matt

Hi Matt,

try EBay, search for Mirage III 1/48, I saw a resin ATAR engine home made produced, IIRC from a german Guy.

Seems good to me, may be helpful for you.

All the best.

Marco

Does anyone have a conversion bit to do the later engine for the Mirage (Atar 9D?) that reshapped the rear end of Israeli Mirage IIICJs? I am not sure if either the HB or Eduard has the alternate rear fuselage part OOB, but with my current interest being peaked by both the HB and the Weekend Editions being released in the next month or so and I'd like to do an IDF one with the ID triangels and from what I have read you cannot do that one with the parts in the box.

Matt

The Eduard kit certainly doesn't have the late exhaust in the box.

When you say ID triangles, do you mean the large yellow w/ black outline triangles on the wing and the 4 color camo scheme? You can build one of those with the original engine. While many Shahaks were being upgraded with the Atar 9C when the triangles started bing applied, some kept their original 9Bs until late in life. The "Air War on Edge" book has a picture a 117 Squadron bird, #180, with the ID triangles and the original 9B exhaust. I'm sure there are others. #103 still has the 9B in the later grey scheme.

Hi: There is a set, here in Argentina, of the later afterburner exhaust you are looking for (the one like the MirageIIIE afterburner), the cost is around 20 bucks......pm me if you want more details...