Save "Christine" Project - non profit cooperative project

I offered to write an article about "Christine" to one of our Aviation Magazines, actually the biggest one. I'm wondering if anyone wants to contribite to it with ideas, photos, etc.

As it's still about the restoration, I do it for free, I just want people to know about this jet, and all the efforts and steps taken to save her.

Greetings neu :thumbsup:

www.deploymentproductions.com

I started to put together the structure of the article about Saving Christine, so here's a list what photos I plan to have, please let me know if you can help me with these.

* Photos of 159600 in the early years / other units

* At least one photo where Christine is still in service like this

from the OBA website: http://www.ov-10bronco.net/Pix/MemorialAir..._on_ramp_01.jpg

* At least one photo where she's unloaded from the C-5A like this: http://www.ov-10bronco.net/Pix/MemorialAir..._hodgson_01.jpg

* At least one photos of showing the status as she was delivered

like this: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1180752/M/

Please understand that I cannot pay for the photos, the article goes for free, it's part of our non-profit "Save Christine" project. Obviously everybody will be properly credited. Probably I can put together one more small article when she's on display later, and we can announce it in the magazine! I think I can arrange it.

Please let me know if you can contribute with any of the listed photos!

Greetings, neu :)

Neu - you're welcome to use any of the couple pictures I forwarded you for the project. I think there were 3 or so.

Craig Scaling (CRASCA) had acoupel of better shots of the whole jet that showed the nose art as well...

-brian

Edited by Brian P
  • 2 weeks later...

Where is that topic? Dave? :lol: I'm about to finish the article and send it to the editor, but if we have some nice additional info it's still not too late to inculde it!

Greetings, neu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there!

My article about saving Christine has been released in the July Issue of "Aranysas" (Golden Eagle). Thanks for all helping in this! The income of the article will go to OBA.

I've found someone who would translate it for me to proper English, so I could submit it to an international magazine as well. Please let me know of anyone who provided the photos have objection against it! Of course, the income of that one too, would go to OBA.

Please see details, and photos of the article here if you're interested:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=126123

Greetings, neu :blink:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

are there any pics of "Christine" being put on display yet? final paint scheme etc? i always figured i would just get to go see her since i lived 20 mins away. then i moved to the San Antonio area and never did go see her :D

will thier be a decal sheet available soon??

Edited by adamitri
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
Did not realize that one whole year had passed...WOW !! SHE still pulls the HEART strings....

HOLMES. :whistle:

i didn't realise about 30 yrs had passed since i saw one of the early ones go into the drink

and the race to recover it with the russians looking on !!

• 9 months later...
Super Sunday 2007 (20070204) is the day Christine arrived in Fort Worth.

Thanks to all of you and your support she is intact and saved for the future.

A year ago today is the day we unloaded her from the C-5

f-14d_159600_arrival_15_of_35.jpg

The rest of the shots can be found here Christine's Arrival

I was wondering how has "Christine " Settled in how is she doing/faring ...

:wub:

I was wondering how has "Christine " Settled in how is she doing/faring ...

;)

Hey Holmes,

She is doing well. I am the plane captain for her along with Scooby and a F-4D over at the museum. We are waiting on the stenciling from VFA-31 so that we can give her a new coat of paint, not that she really needs it. I will try and post some pictures here soon of her.

Dave Fassett

Hey Holmes,

She is doing well. I am the plane captain for her along with Scooby and a F-4D over at the museum. We are waiting on the stenciling from VFA-31 so that we can give her a new coat of paint, not that she really needs it. I will try and post some pictures here soon of her.

Dave Fassett

Sir,

Thank you for answering ME..

I can wait ..I am patient ..I look forward to that and I will for sure be back to have a look-see

I am excited already...

;) :woot.gif:

HOLMES

• 5 years later...

Dave Fassett,

Did you ever get those photos.. see I am SO PATIENT I waited till now to ask because I know you guys are always busy... :taunt:

How does she feel and I bet you and SCOOBY JUST ADORE HER ..

thank you .. :salute: :salute:

NICE Photo Clif....

:thumbsup:

Me good 'olmes...I'd love to take credit for it, but go back a few pages and you'll see the original; it's not mine.....I reused it in another thread talking about the possibilities of sci-fi novels