Breguet U1 'affine', Scratchbuilt In 1/72, Underway

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Gentlemen! I really appreciate your comments on this.

Though I do not yet have pictures, I did get representations of the valve springs on, though I have not painted them yet. I was not able to make the circles at the apex of the vees work, and have settled for simple vees only. I expect to add the propeller and put the model on its base next week.

• 1 month later...
...I forget off-hand which Army it was assigned to, but it was one of the ones that attacked into Alsace-Lorraine, quickly advancing and quickly retreating...

Hello

This is a marvelous job you made.

The Escadrille BR 17 was assigned to the First Army, as in August 1914 there were five French armies numbered from East to West.

Some issues of the French magazine "Icare" are about the French Escadrilles during August/September 1914. So far there have been four issues ( 1st Army, 2nd Army, 3rd Army and 4th and 9th Armies).

Patrick

Hello

This is a marvelous job you made.

The Escadrille BR 17 was assigned to the First Army, as in August 1914 there were five French armies numbered from East to West.

Some issues of the French magazine "Icare" are about the French Escadrilles during August/September 1914. So far there have been four issues ( 1st Army, 2nd Army, 3rd Army and 4th and 9th Armies).

Patrick

Thank you, Sir. I was using the Icare article, albeit at second hand, as a principal source for this: a gentleman from France over on the Aerodrome Forum, Mr. Gilles, sent me scans of the drawing of this machine featured in the Icare article on that escadrilles of that army. I wish that magazine were readily available here in the U.S., as there ae several more early French types I would like to do models of.

I intend to do the last few remaining touches on this project this week, and get some pictures of it on its base to share here.