Hey everyone.

It's my first post here, but I'm hoping I can get some help.

I'm looking for 12 AIM-120 AMRAAM's in 1/48th scale.

I'm also hoping to find 6 dual launchers. (Not sure if it's a dedicated two-rail system for air-to-air missiles or just a TER with the side positions holding AMRAAM launching rails).

Either way Im hoping there is someone, or a number of people who can help me out here with the missiles and 6 launchers that hold two AMRAAMs for one pylon.

I hope to not pay more than $.50/missile or $1.00/launcher, but beggers cant be choosers, right?

Please PM or email me if you can help me out.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Chris

:whistle:

Hey everyone.

It's my first post here, but I'm hoping I can get some help.

I'm looking for 12 AIM-120 AMRAAM's in 1/48th scale.

I'm also hoping to find 6 dual launchers. (Not sure if it's a dedicated two-rail system for air-to-air missiles or just a TER with the side positions holding AMRAAM launching rails).

Either way Im hoping there is someone, or a number of people who can help me out here with the missiles and 6 launchers that hold two AMRAAMs for one pylon.

I hope to not pay more than $.50/missile or $1.00/launcher, but beggers cant be choosers, right?

Please PM or email me if you can help me out.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Chris

:cheers:

For what airplane? Nothing I'm aware of is capable/cleared to carry 6 dual-AIM-120 launchers. If, perchance, you're talking about FA-18s, they use the LAU-115 fitted with 2 LAU-127 rails for dual carriage. SOL is the only commercial source I'm aware of for this launcher combination, they sold it as part of the AIM-120 package for the Hornet with 2 LAU-115 launchers and, I think, enough rails for one of the LUA-115s. So, you'd be needing 4 sets for a maximum AIM-120 load. IF you can find them, I suspect that you'll be paying quite a bit more than $1 a missile. You might want to consider scratchbuilding the launchers.

As of right now, only the legacy Hornets are cleared for dual AIM-120 carriage.

Thanks Joe.

I think I forgot to mention this is a fully fictional loadout :worship:

that was my mistake. I did find some pictures of Hornets with the dual AMRAAMs.. Im assuming they're they Legacy Hornets you mentioned.

I already read somewhere that the outboard pylons of the superbug are not cleared for AIM120's, I just really like the look of twin 120's on a pylon, and I feel a Hornet fully loaded with them will be an interesting additton.

Im not familiar with SOL, is that an aftermarket company?

I'll try and find them.

wish me luck! :P

Joe, aren't SHs able to carry dual AIM-120 launchers as well? I have seen many VFA-2 birds with six AIM-120s under the wings, four of which are on dual launchers. Also, I've seen diagrams of F-22s with 8 AIM-120s on four dual launchers but have not seen any in picture form. Do you know if they are cleared?

Edited by Iron Eagle

Yes, SOL is an AM company, but the AIM-120's they produced are very hard to find.

And, Joe answered this question for me too...the Supers are not yet cleared for dual AIM-120 carriage/firing. The pictures you have seen are "promo" shots, or airshow loadouts...they are not opperational. A fully loaded Super Bug can only carry four AMRAAM's. Two on the cheek stations, and two on the outboard (not wingtip) pylons.

HTH

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801
For what airplane? Nothing I'm aware of is capable/cleared to carry 6 dual-AIM-120 launchers. If, perchance, you're talking about FA-18s, they use the LAU-115 fitted with 2 LAU-127 rails for dual carriage. SOL is the only commercial source I'm aware of for this launcher combination, they sold it as part of the AIM-120 package for the Hornet with 2 LAU-115 launchers and, I think, enough rails for one of the LUA-115s. So, you'd be needing 4 sets for a maximum AIM-120 load. IF you can find them, I suspect that you'll be paying quite a bit more than $1 a missile. You might want to consider scratchbuilding the launchers.

As of right now, only the legacy Hornets are cleared for dual AIM-120 carriage.

hey joe the actully com with 4 127's and 6 missiles. got a few of them in the stash for future hornet builds.

Thanks Joe.

I think I forgot to mention this is a fully fictional loadout :yahoo:

that was my mistake. I did find some pictures of Hornets with the dual AMRAAMs.. Im assuming they're they Legacy Hornets you mentioned.

I already read somewhere that the outboard pylons of the superbug are not cleared for AIM120's, I just really like the look of twin 120's on a pylon, and I feel a Hornet fully loaded with them will be an interesting additton.

Im not familiar with SOL, is that an aftermarket company?

I'll try and find them.

wish me luck! :whistle:

Super Hornets are cleared to carry/employ AIM-120 from stations 2, 5, 7, and 10. Those are the outboard pylons under the wings with a single LAU-127 rail (such as that in the Revell FA-18E/F kits) and the fuselage stations. Dual carriage isn't planned for the outboard pylons that I'm aware of and isn't cleared on the midboard and inboard pylons yet. The photos circulating of the Super Hornet flying with dual AIM-120 are from the Paris Airshow a couple years ago, and was ONLY for that event. I don't think it's been anywhere else but the point is it was strictly a show load with inert missiles.

Break,

I wasn't aware that the SOL set had 6 missiles and 4 LAU-127s, I never got one of the sets but was going by what I'd heard/read. Thanks for the update!

Joe