Just what is it about the F-14 Tomcat?

Was actually a movie concerning F-15 training, but was broken into a "reality series"

Just what were they thinking?!

Although, I did end up buying the series on DVD...just b/c it was filmed while I was at Tyndall and I knew some of the guys that were in it.

Just what were they thinking?!

Although, I did end up buying the series on DVD...just b/c it was filmed while I was at Tyndall and I knew some of the guys that were in it.

Well, considering that back then you couldnt shake a stick without wiping out a civilization of reality shows...

It would have been better without the shock inducing-ADD influenced-MTV ruined editing

Hmm, well what about cartoons? The Gobots had Leader 1, he was an F-15! G.I. Joe had the F-14 called the "Striker" I think. The original Transformers had F-15s, a MiG-25 (triple changer!)...

Anyone remember that awful short TV series called, "Super Carrier"? OMG, that show sucked! But lots of F-14 footage. My father was on the USS JFK during those years when VF-11 and VF-31 were aboard. An A-6E and F-14 were lost during that cruise.

The F-14 is one hot jet. Sweet...

:thumbsup:

Edited by PlasticWeapons

If you want to check out a rundown on GI Joe toys, head over to Yo Joe dot com and click on thier toy archive section. They have a listing in order of year or by name of every GI Joe figure and vehicle made from the 1982 re-introduction to the 2006 when 3/4in figures became direct order from Hasbro.

I'd like to order the DVD, but "Plays internationally on NTSC, multi-regional compatible DVD players" doesn't sound good.

Well, most European DVD/TV combo's would have no problem with NTSC. You can check for an NTSC or, even better, 'auto' setting on your player.

As far as region is concerned, most cheap dvd-players are regionfree. And if you already have one, there are allegedly firmware updates that take care of that.

Of course, I would have no knowledge of these matters, so I couldn't possibly comment... 8)

Cheers,

Andre

How about the USN showoff in the classic "the final countdown" ??

*F-14 A Tomcats (VF-84)

*A-7 Corsair

*RF-8 Crusader

*A-6/KA-6- Intruder

*Sea King

*EA-6B Prowler

*Hawkeye

Just about all the classics

How about the USN showoff in the classic "the final countdown" ??

*F-14 A Tomcats (VF-84)

*A-7 Corsair

*RF-8 Crusader

*A-6/KA-6- Intruder

*Sea King

*EA-6B Prowler

*Hawkeye

Just about all the classics

Don't forget the Phantom that was parked on the deck that you caught a quick glimpse of as one of the F-14's was landing. It was in the early part of the movie before the carrier goes back in time. Then there is the Vigilante on the ramp at Pearl as the Sea King was lifting off, and I think a Tracker was parked in one of the hangars in this same scene. They covered quite a bit of different aircraft.

I liked the Wenago F-117 in Final Countdown.

160655a.jpg

Anyone notice the wee lil' Learjet?

The F-14 would be the only plane that I would marry, if it was a chick

Ves

chyna2.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Intruders had their own film. As had the Mirage 2000. And the Starfighter (Blue Tornado :)).

And the F-8 Crusader scenes in Thirteen Days was really great as well.

When will there be an F-105 or F-4 film??? :pray:

When will there be an...F-4 film???

I thought some of the flying scenes in "The Great Santini" were pretty good. Nothing like Marine Corps F-4's IMHO :) ! I seem to remember some F-4's making a couple of appearences in the TV series "Tour of Duty", and of course, there are the F-4 "Migs" in one of the Iron Eagle flicks.

Cheers!

The F-14 also made a brief show in The Hunt for Red October on the USS Enterprise.

I remember in that movie they show a crash land on a monitor but the aircraft really crashing is a Panther or a Banshee... nothing close to an F-14 ..

F-18s also in "Stealth"

I remember in that movie they show a crash land on a monitor but the aircraft really crashing is a Panther or a Banshee... nothing close to an F-14 ..

But there was also footage of a VF-213 F-14A taking off as the Captain briefed Jack Ryan while he was boarding the Sea King

But there was also footage of a VF-213 F-14A taking off as the Captain briefed Jack Ryan while he was boarding the Sea King

yep, i meant in addition to that,

I have a question which aircraft replaces the OV-10 in Bat-21? ok not about a fighter but an excellent movie

Macross Zero features also a Mig-29 If I remember correctly.

An F-4 appears also in Andromeda Strain

Edited by deepstriker
When will there be an F-105 or F-4 film??? :)

RED FLAG: THE ULTIMATE GAME featured F-4s pretty prominantly. Starring William Devane and (I think) Barry Bostwick, it was centered around a Phantom unit's rotation through a Red Flag exercise.

Might have even been a made-for-TV movie and not a theatrical release. Lots of F-4s and F-5s, I recall the film digressed into some cheesiness at times, but still a lot of flying.

IIRC, the main plotline was a not-always-friendly rivalry building between F-4 pilot Bostwick and F-5 pilot Devane, culminating when Bostwick comes up with some new maneuver that has him beating the aggressor pilots and when Devane tries to duplicate it, he crashes. Probably the inevitable romantic entaglements too.

yep, i meant in addition to that,

I have a question which aircraft replaces the OV-10 in Bat-21? ok not about a fighter but an excellent movie

Macross Zero features also a Mig-29 If I remember correctly.

An F-4 appears also in Andromeda Strain

The OV-10 was replaced by an Cessna O-2A in the movie BAT-21.

If I remember right F-4's were featured in the original "Yours, Mine, Ours" they were doing Carrier Quals on the Enterprise when Henry Fonda's Character when aboard her.

F-4E's were also featured in Iron Eagles II, and the TV shows China Beach (Dana Delaney's Character was dating a USAF pilot) and Tour of Duty

F-5E's were featured in Platoon, BAT-21, Forestt Gump

AC-47's and A-1E's were featured in Green Berets

F-16's were in Iron Eagle, Iron Eagle II, Iron Eagle VI, Superman II, Superman III, Coneheads, Flight of the Black Angel.