Chilean F-16Ds

Does anyone know if the Chilean F-16Ds have the option to carry the conformal fuel tanks? I want to build such a jet, and since I prefer to concentrate on Latin American subjects, I thought it might be cool to show a Chilean aircraft laoded for bear, my back up is one of the UAE birds. Any help would be appreciated.

Definitely Chilean F-16s don't use CFT tanks.

Cheers.

Thanks

May still consider doing the Chilean F-16s as they look cool in their camo and the spine still rocks

Fuji, I remember this post of someone doing a Chilean F-16:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....hl=Chilean+F-16

And I found this post by Jim Barr of a pic he posted:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....hl=Chilean+F-16

Whomever made the model did an awesome job! And the pic provided by Jim looks so cool. I think the Chilean, Polish, and Oman Viper schemes and colors are the best looking bar none. If you're going to build one, I'll look foward to seeing it.

Hey Jose,

FWIW CMK has released 1 and announced 3 new F-16C/D sets in 1/48 for the Hasegawa kits.

CMKSP4188_S.jpg

1/48 F-16C/D Exterior Set (HAS) FUTURE RELEASE

Catalogue number: CMKSP4188

CMKSP4189_S.jpg

1/48 F-16C/D Block 30/40/50 (engine Gen.Electric) FUTURE RELEASE

Catalogue number: CMKSP4189

CMKSP4190_S.jpg

1/48 F-16D Block 52+European (engine PW) Conv.Set FUTURE RELEASE

Catalogue number: CMKSP4190

CMKSP4187_S.jpg

1/48 F-16C/D Conformal Fuel Tanks - 2pcs. (HAS) NEW

Catalogue number CMKSP4187

Hey Jose,

FWIW CMK has released 1 and announced 3 new F-16C/D sets in 1/48 for the Hasegawa kits.

CMKSP4188_S.jpg

CMKSP4189_S.jpg

CMKSP4190_S.jpg

CMKSP4187_S.jpg

These look great, but I'd still like to see an E/F conversion!

Chappie

Dear FUJI, the Chileans F-16 have the the full capability to carry the conformal tanks, (it was a contract item) some people who live near to their bases told me that they saw them , but I dont have a photograph yet, mean while I can share some pics whit you (I have many if you want).

F_16C_853_1.jpg

PICT0231.jpg

Perfil.jpg

Awesome stuff. Thanks everyone for your replies so far.

Jake, I'm Jealous!

Python, Anything you'd care to share I would be very grateful for.

Any mainstream decals for these puppies yet?

Edited by Fuji

Decals, yes,

They are in the Vivacious Vipers #2 sheet from Zotz, but apparently the serial numbers given are inaccurate. I don't know now if they can mixed and matched to produce a correct one, but somebody else might be able to fill in the gaps on that one.

-Hoops

:) No problem FUJI, I will prepare a Zip archive whit photograps for you, it will be ready by the weekend.

Muchisimas Gracias mi amigo!

let me know when you're ready and I'll drop you my email

It's great to see they finally have their F-16s. We were their "parent unit" for the F-16. We made three trips down there to Iquique and Antofagasta. As well they came to our unit for tours and informal training. Some of the best group of people that I've ever met. I'm very happy for them.

Hey Jose,

CMKSP4188_S.jpg

CMKSP4189_S.jpg

CMKSP4190_S.jpg

CMKSP4187_S.jpg

:rofl: :) :rofl::yahoo:

Dear Taco44, thank you very much for your kind words, I can tell you that the chilean pilots are very very very happy and proud to have such fine machines, as they said, the viper is so far superior to any fighter that they flow before.

A USAF pilot whit the commander in chief of the Chilean Air Force: Osvaldo Saravia ( a former Hawker Hunter pilot) and the defence minister Mrs. Vivianne Blanlot.

5g.jpg

Chilean pilots in the new bird

7g7.jpg

Edited by Python
Dear Taco44, thank you very much for your kind words, I can tell you that the chilean pilots are very very very happy and proud to have such fine machines, as they said, the viper is so far superior to any fighter that they flow before.

A USAF pilot whit the commander in chief of the Chilean Air Force: Osvaldo Saravia ( a former Hawker Hunter pilot) and the defence minister Mrs. Vivianne Blanlot.

5g.jpg

Chilean pilots in the new bird

7g7.jpg

Interesting pics.

Just an FYI the CMK spine is going to come with PoLAF and HAF decals thought you'd like to know

Wonder how much trouble its going to take to make it fit on the new Tamiya F-16...thats what I've been wanting to with mine when I get it...a PoLAF F-16C

Only two-seaters (D/F-models) can have spines, not single seat C/E-models...

The only single seat with a spine was the one-off AFTI F-16, and that was a completely different shape than the current production spine.

Edited by habu2
Hey Jose,

CMKSP4188_S.jpg

I've got a question about this set here. Does this set include all the necssary parts to build Greek and Turkish Vipers?

Does this company have a website, that shows the parts in these sets?

Chappie