Question: S3 Viking tanks in 1/48

The clue is in the question essentially. A friend is building an Italeri 1/48 S3 Viking and wants to know if there are any manufacturers or individuals who make tanks for this particular model. Any help much appreciated.

Cloggy,

It's the same tank (Aero something-or-other) that is used by the A-1, A-6, EA-6B, A-7, AV-8 and A-4 with the main difference being the arrangement of the fins. The obvious place to look is to rob a kit of any of those types.

Barring that AMRAAM Line (clicky) made a resin set of the tanks you're after. I'm not sure if they're still in production.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sean Bratton
The clue is in the question essentially. A friend is building an Italeri 1/48 S3 Viking and wants to know if there are any manufacturers or individuals who make tanks for this particular model. Any help much appreciated.

Cloggy I have the COD version if you want the tanks then let me know.

Julien

Cloggy,

If you want my AMRAAM tanks you are welcome to them. The detail is nice but the front to back match is terrible and I never figured it out. ONe is "under construction and one is new in the bag.

I would never buy another two piece resin tank again without seeing and test fitting them. The problem is everyone casts the stub on the mating surface.

If you are a resin "Prince" maybe you can make these work. I have much resin experience and these bested me. There I said it and I feel much better!!!@!@

joe.