OK, finally showing one of mine...

OK, so I've been admiring the work here for a while, but haven't had anything of mine to show. Well, I just got through scanning a photo into the PC and fiddling around with Photoshop to stitch the two halves together without a huge, ugly seam running down it...

Blackbird.jpg

The original is around three feet wide (it's safely rolled up somewhere...I haven't actually seen the "real" pic in several years), created with oil paint sticks on heavy rag paper. I drew it around 1993 while still in college. Drawn freehand from reference photos.

"Brooding", huh? I like that. Must come from my Scots blood. :beer4:

Yeah, I'd love to do more like this - someday I'll have an actual workspace so I can contemplate it. Maybe I might do some stuff with some gouache colors I got a couple of years ago...I've been meaning to learn to use those.

That must be very impressive at it's full size. Good work for oil pastels, too :lol: .

Not exactly pastels - oilsticks are bigger and are a bit...gummier...than oil pastels. I would smear them on in about the right place, then use a brush to spread and blend them on the paper. Something this big with pastels would've taken months... :doh: