Airfix 1/72 Mozzie...OOB

Late comer to this GB. I will hopefully get it done. I'm going totally OOB and 'in flight' .

10 days and counting.....

whassinnabox??

:)

Mozzie001.jpg

I got my kit from a charity shop and it had been started, the tailplanes had been added, but who ever did it made a right old mess of removing the parts from the sprues - look at the state of the tailplane tips! :lol:

Mozzie002.jpg

Shock! Horror! Thats how I descibe my figure painting, also the fact I have opted to put the crew in and the gear up.

The figures aren't great, but the heavily framed and distorted canopy will hide most of it anyway. I drybrushed the IP, not really neccessary...but old habits die hard

Mozzie003.jpg

Mozzie004.jpg

I tagged some slivers of plastic card onto the offending tailplanes so I can trim and sand them to shape.

Mozzie005.jpg

Wings together, brilliant fit all found. Nacelles will need a bit of clean up, nothing drastic though.

Mozzie007.jpg

Cockpit installed.

Mozzie006.jpg

Fuselage together.

Mozzie008.jpg

Main assembly done, just gotta clean it up now.

Stand is from a Frog Sea Venom kit.

Mozzie009.jpg

This build has been a breeze so far....something is bound to go wrong soon! :)

I thinnk you'll have no problem finishing in time. I built and painted most of mine over the course of the last 4 days (see the Tsetse thread).

Word of warning if you plan on using the in-box decals, the decals on my NF XIX had little white smudges under the clear carrier paper which wouldn't come off.

By the way, I really like how your figures turned out. Keep up the good work! :)

Very nice, and I like the way you've painted the figures too, nice separation of the colors. I tried to do it without a visual aid, and the poor results speak for themselves, I gotta get a magnifying glass and stay off the coffee !

What are you going to do about the props ? Leave them as they are or try to simulate the spinning ?

Got to love these quicky builds :crying2:

The last minute flurry reminds me of how important Airfix/Heller were to use young lads who got the model in the morning and it was sitting on the bookcase that evening!

:cheers:

MikeJ

Very nice, and I like the way you've painted the figures too, nice separation of the colors. I tried to do it without a visual aid, and the poor results speak for themselves, I gotta get a magnifying glass and stay off the coffee !

What are you going to do about the props ? Leave them as they are or try to simulate the spinning ?

Cheers ericp.

I'm going to leave the props as they are, easisest and best solution IMHO :beer4:

I got the paint on...

Tamiya Sky Grey and Gunze Dark Green.

mozzie.jpg

Klear coat and the handful of decals are on. They are in good register too, which was a pleasant surprise!

mozzie014.jpg

just the small details to paint now and I'm nearly done!! :D