Though this be Madness

I had so much fun with my Mosquito, and finished so quickly that I figured I'll give this little guy a shot

The simple Swedish scheme and low parts count should allow me finish in no time at all

P1010060.jpg

-rk

Glad I could do my part to break the record Mike :cheers:

Two evenings of work and the Vampire is about ready for paint. I wasn't expecting this level of fit problems.

I've already cleaned up the main fuselage (and rescribed some of the lost lines), but the fit of the jet intakes was really lousy and cleaning up might make this project take a little longer than I originally anticipated. Nevertheless, I should have paint on plastic prior to Sunday.

P1010061.jpg

I have an A-6 pilot from a Fujimi kit with a facemask with oxygen hose, and a big US helmet. Does anybody know what a Swedish pilot would have worn circa 1950, and if the figure I have would be close enough to be appropriate? It would really spice up the spartan cockpit

Wishing you all speed with your Meteor Ralph - and thanks for the nice things you said about my Skyhawk.

Here is my Airfix Vampire from last year, built in the same timeframe as my Meteor for the MatchboxMadness groupbuild.

There's no space in the nose for ballast - hence mine has a prop made from a paperclip under the stbd boom. Everything in the cockpit was painted BLACK - and it looks like I left out the pilot.

AirfixVampire.jpg

Best of luck :crying:

Right now I'm struggling with getting the windscrean to fit, and I'm about ready to give up. How did you manage with yours?

I had acquired an Aeroclub vac canopy some time previous, so used that.

Didn't realise the kit canopy was so bad - keep trimming and hang in there, the groupbuild need you.

Tim

Thank goodness for Apoxie Sculpt. I managed to fill in around the windscreen and got the horrible piece of plastic to somewhat fit. Thanks for the encouragement Tim ;)

P1010063.jpg

The top half has been painted with Tamiya Olive green slightly lightened with white. and then post-shaded with an even more lightened shade.

I think this approximates the Swedish green rather nicely. Although I'm not clear about the bottom camo. Airfix recomends using a steely gray (Humb 87), and I don't have access to Humbroll paints at the moment. Upon checking the IPMS Stockholm site, H87 translates to Tamiya's Light Sea Blue. But this is far too blue I think.

Any advice?

I'm not clear about the bottom camo. Airfix recomends using a steely gray (Humb 87), and I don't have access to Humbroll paints at the moment. Upon checking the IPMS Stockholm site, H87 translates to Tamiya's Light Sea Blue. But this is far too blue I think.

Any advice?

Luckily there is still an airworthy Swedish Vampire which might help....

Vampire

Klyve

Weather has kept me indoors all morning, so I've had time to work some more.

The model is painted and the decals are on.

P1010047-1.jpg

I need to devote the rest of the day to real life, but I'll spray on a dull coat before I go to bed tonight, and tomorrow I'll stick on the wheels, and canopy, then weather it all a little bit, and I'll be done.