Su-30MKI's prove superior to French Mirages

I've actually seen the movie sitting on shelves at Blockbuster. The movie is called Les Chevaliers du ciel (according to IMDB), but the English title is Sky Fighters. Her name is Alice Taglioni and she plays Lieutenant Estelle 'Pitbull' Kass (also according to IMDB) I haven't watched it because it looks like it maybe another TopGun/Iron Eagle type movie (don't really like either), which begs the question:

Why the hell do we get Tom Cruise in TopGun, or the punk kid in Iron Eagle, while the French get Alice Taglioni? :huh:

If I understand it correctly, Blockbuster is a video store that rents films, right? If that is the case, rent the film! The story is pretty weird, to say the least. But the flight scenes are amongst the best ever recorded. Simply beautiful.

If you can, rent the special edition. On the second DVD there is a short-film (26mins, IIRC) that is even better than the main film. 26mins of very, very nice Mirage 2000 and Alphajet coverage with no commentary but great music and the sound of the jet engines.

Not to mention trying, like most of America, unsuccessfully to burn out of my mind that hideous self-indulgence jumping on the damned couch.... :huh:

You're being glib.

If you can, rent the special edition. On the second DVD there is a short-film (26mins, IIRC) that is even better than the main film. 26mins of very, very nice Mirage 2000 and Alphajet coverage with no commentary but great music and the sound of the jet engines.

Checked on Amazon and it looks like only the single disc version is available for Region 1 (US and Canada).

Edited by Trigger
If I understand it correctly, Blockbuster is a video store that rents films, right? If that is the case, rent the film! The story is pretty weird, to say the least. But the flight scenes are amongst the best ever recorded. Simply beautiful.

Yes, Blockbuster is a video rental store. Despite the good recommendation, I probably cannot rent it. You see, I'm in a "relationship" (meaning that she has total veto power, not shared power), and if she doesn't have any interest in it, then I can't rent it to watch with her. I'm with her every weekend, and during the week, my time is consumed by grad school work (hence I'm at the computer often). As a matter of fact, I was discussing with her a film that I've been wanting to see for a while. No matter how hard I tried, it still was a flat "no." :huh:

You see, I'm in a "relationship" (meaning that she has total veto power, not shared power), and if she doesn't have any interest in it, then I can't rent it to watch with her. ....

...No matter how hard I tried, it still was a flat "no." :cheers:

That is NOT a relationship. :D

You should be able to watch whatever YOU want, whenever YOU want.

Edited by JackMan
Ummm....Keith...do you have similar veto power as well? :D

Unless it's an absolutely tooty fruity movie, then I usually just go along with her. The last time I told her to just watch a movie with her friends, it was the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. No way in hell was I going to see that one!

That is NOT a relationship. :cheers:

You should be able to watch whatever YOU want, whenever YOU want.

Well, since we're supposed to be spending time together, it has to be something both of us will be happy with. It's just unfortunate that she'll drag me to a chick flick, but she won't see a guy movie with me. I forgot what movie it was that we saw last month, but at the end, I counted the the people in the theater and said "There are about 30 girls in here, and only 4 guys. And all of the guys were here with their gfs." It was definitely a chicks only film.

Attn: Keith Diamond

Reciprocity

rec·i·proc·i·ty [res-uh-pros-i-tee]

–noun

1. a reciprocal state or relation.

2. reciprocation; mutual exchange.

3. mutual exchange of commercial or other privileges

3. A mutual or cooperative interchange of favors or privileges

Not out to lecture ya, Keith...I've enjoyed your posts over the time I've been in ARC, so I feel compelled to say my peace and then I'll shut up...I think we're concerned since many of us have experienced the dangers, yes dangers, of what you describe. I respectfully submit that in a healthy relationship, she should not have any total, lopsided veto power over you...nor should you have it over her, either.

My sweetheart and I both came from very controlling relationships, and we know these dangers well. We are complete partners, ready to give at all times, which is only beautiful when you know the other will do the same.

Hang in there, brother.

-A-

Why the hell do we get Tom Cruise in TopGun, or the punk kid in Iron Eagle, while the French get Alice Taglioni? :cheers:

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Jessica Biel...

Keith, what happens when your models start to become a "problem" for her?

:) I dont want to turn this into a "our pilot is better lookin' than yours" type thread but I'm wondering if we'll ever see a couple of sultry Bollywood actresses climbing out of an Su-30MKI alongside Alice climbing out of her Mirage 2000 in some Indian fighter pilot movie.

I want photographic evidence!

oh, and don't forget the (already mentioned) state-of-the-art US entry:

stealth1.jpg

Attn: Keith Diamond

Reciprocity

rec·i·proc·i·ty [res-uh-pros-i-tee]

–noun

1. a reciprocal state or relation.

2. reciprocation; mutual exchange.

3. mutual exchange of commercial or other privileges

3. A mutual or cooperative interchange of favors or privileges

Well, we give and take, but it sometimes seems like I give more than she does.

Not out to lecture ya, Keith...I've enjoyed your posts over the time I've been in ARC, so I feel compelled to say my peace and then I'll shut up...I think we're concerned since many of us have experienced the dangers, yes dangers, of what you describe. I respectfully submit that in a healthy relationship, she should not have any total, lopsided veto power over you...nor should you have it over her, either.

My sweetheart and I both came from very controlling relationships, and we know these dangers well. We are complete partners, ready to give at all times, which is only beautiful when you know the other will do the same.

Hang in there, brother.

-A-

Don't worry, she's not controlling. She and I even joke about it sometimes by saying that we get along so well because we both put her first. My initial comment was part joke, part serious. I'm really into movies, and sometimes I have to wait for some videos to hit the DVD (and then when I have time) before I can watch them.

Keith, what happens when your models start to become a "problem" for her?

She has no issue with my modeling :) Now, my old coin collection... I need to hide that from her.

I want photographic evidence!

oh, and don't forget the (already mentioned) state-of-the-art US entry:

stealth1.jpg

I could not watch that movie, not only becuase of the cliches but how ridiculous it looked sometimes. As for Jessica Biel, awesome body, but there's something about her face that I don't like and her acting is horrible. I think she hit her peak (acting wise) when she was prancing drunk in the hall in Rules of Attraction, but then again, how hard is it to play a drunken college girl?

Isn't is crazy how many twists and turns these real aviation threads can make sometimes? :thumbsup:

I doubt the French care, when they have women that look like this playing Mirage fighter pilots in their movies

p12761.jpg

94349_2.jpg

Oh non please, it's embarassing enough to have been asskicked by the Su-30s. Now you're bringing this masterpiece of sh*t. :whistle:

Yeah the flight sequences rock, but the story sucks big time. Not mentioning the fact that this particular lady comes back from a severe dogfight without even a drop of sweat and with a magnificent brushing when she removes her helmet. Even Top Gun had sweaty Cruise and Kilmer. :thumbsup:

Not mentioning the fact that this particular lady comes back from a severe dogfight without even a drop of sweat and with a magnificent brushing when she removes her helmet. Even Top Gun had sweaty Cruise and Kilmer. :thumbsup:

I think your letting realism get in the way of aesthetics :whistle: I know which I would prefer given a choice and no, it's not Messrs Cruise and Kilmer!

I think your letting realism get in the way of aesthetics :lol:

Hum, I think that's why I bought Speed and Angels DVD.

Should be realistic enough w/o aesthetics BS.

And the civilian in the movie is hotter than Alice me think.