1. Aircraft must be from a country that participated in combat operations between the dates Iraq invaded Kuwait (Aug. 2nd 1990) and the formal cessation of hostilities (March . 4th, 1991)

2. Many aircraft had their mission markings applied after the cessation of hostilities; these aircraft are acceptable if they were done immediately after the war. Markings representing an airframe years after the conflict will not be acceptable. For example, a Lakenheath based F-15C Mig killer or the F-15E helicopter killer with markings from Op. Iraqi Freedom are both unacceptable.

3. Builds do not have to be one hundred percent accurate. If you want to vary the weapons load or do not care to have the right serial / bureau number, that is fine. Just please do not do a squadron that did not even deploy to the theatre. The point of this group build is to have fun building a subject of familiarity with other modelers … so have fun :)

P.S. This group build starts March 1st and ends August 31st.

Edited by Benner

I'm contemplating a 1/32 Iraqi MiG-21MF, but both the Trumpeter kit decals, and the Eagle Strike sheet which has the same aircraft, provide the nose number for what is actually a MiG-21R as seen in a photo in one of the Osprey books. Also, the photo shows that the finish was heavily weathered and the aircraft may not have even been flyable when the photos were taken before ground troops destroyed it.

I'm not interested in converting the kit to a MiG-21R or weathering it to the degree shown in the photos, but would it be allowed under Rule #3 if it was built as an MF, with a suitable offensive loadout? I guess it would fit under the wrong serial number / not 100% accurate rule as the Iraqis did have MF models.

TIA.

I have a question

I want to enter an AH-1T into the Group Build. There seem to have been a few around, particularly those from HML/A-167. The decals I have are from -261 and -263, which don't appear to have served in the Gulf. Is that still acceptable for this build?

Aaron