One thing I've found is that you'll have no problem finding a hotel in Anaheim. I have, along with some friends of mine, have a couple of rooms booked at a hotel within walking distance of the Nats location.

It all depends on how much you want to spend on your room. There are plenty within walking distance of the hotel. I used a combination of Expedia.ca and Google Earth. The main "marker" being Disneyland. All you have to do is cut and paste the hotel's address into the search bar of Google Earth, and it will mark it for you. Another good point of reference is West Katella Avenue... which runs east/west.

Not to worry sir.... you'll be able to find something!!!!

HTH

One thing I've found is that you'll have no problem finding a hotel in Anaheim. I have, along with some friends of mine, have a couple of rooms booked at a hotel within walking distance of the Nats location.

In the summer heat down there....nothing is within walking distance. :thumbsup:

For anyone going to the "gold plated" Nats, maybe you should check out the IPMSUSA website for the pricing . a $40.00 US registration fee PLUS $50.00 US for the banquet AND $25.00 US for a membership fee...and you want to take the family.........

I'm thinking of cancelling this trip...too darned rich for my blood.

Barney

Brad: The registration fee was in the IPMSUSA magazine along with a very long list of other fees ...including the very high priced tours.

Barney

Hi Barney,

It's also contained on the 2007 USA Nationals website. I emailed a few of the organisers but have yet to receive a reply. I know they must be busy, but wish they would reply to emails. I don't think it's as easy as just show up and everything will be fine kind of attitiude I am hearing from some. I was planning on bringing my family with me on this road trip, but now I am thinking maybe this isn't the summer holiday I was thinking of.

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Brad: That is my thinking as well. We were planning on driving down the old coast highway then attending the NATS but when you start to think of the costs even before you turn the key "ON", it gets a bit much. Then you have the pleasure of driving in LA traffic during the hottest part of the summer.

Not my idea of a fun time.

Barney

Brad: The registration fee was in the IPMSUSA magazine along with a very long list of other fees ...including the very high priced tours.

Barney

Since I've never been to a Nats, I don't really know... but are things normally as expensive as they are priced here? I'll be down there, but I really don't want to empty my wallet before I even get to the dealers tables.

Keeping my fingers crossed...