DVD review that may be of interest

Speed and Angels has already been discussed some on the board. I got my copy last week and I think it is excellent. It mostly revolves around the personal experiences of two fighter pilot trainees and is not about tactics or pro level CV flight OP specifics. It is worth getting.

There was a story on my local news about "Speed & Angels". Apparently it has a local connection for me as the director, Peyton Wilson, grew up about a half-hour from where I live. I had no idea until I was half-listening to the news and I hear "blah, blah, blah, 'Speed & Angels'".

BTW, I just ordered my copy :whistle:!

Ironhead

Just get bored and skim through Traditions military Video's online catalog. There are a number of interesting videos and complations on there. Around christmas I bought 5 different videos on various aircraft carriers (the USS Philippine Sea, USS Boxer, Shangri-la, Constellation, USS Tarawa) and they had some color shots of world war 2 on board the Essex ships or color shots during Vietnam onboard the USS Constellation. Overall I would recommend getting some of these videos since they are a very good resource for us modellers.

Just some examples:

Tuy Hoa AFB, Vietnam- Early in the war with some great color shots of F-100D's and C-130's in action

SR-71 Blackbird - Inflight shots from the 70's and on the ground shots of maintenance personnel servicing the aircraft, briefings at Beale AFB

Video about the 555th TFS at Udon and Uborn RTAFB during Vietnam

A video about SAC with some great color shots of the B-52D's and early B-52G's

USS Enterprise early shots in her career when A-1's and A-3s were still flying onboard as part of her air wing.

Point Mugu with shots of A-4' and F-4's

Carrier Action of Korea- I have this one. It is an awesome resource. Some beautiful color shots of Panthers, Banshees, and Skyraiders in action.

USS Constellation 1962-1970- All in color various shots of onboard of life, flight deck operations during a visit to Tawain and during the Vietnam war. Some great shots of F-4B's in VF-143 colors and of A-4E's in VA-55 colors with bomb loads.

These are just some videos that I picked out at random. I would again seriously recommend this resource to modellers around the world, since they provide some interesting videos of some typical aircraft that are modeled.

What a great collection of videos. Pricey, but they'd definately keep my modeling spirits high!

On a side note, I dislike the inclusion of music in newer videos, such as the F-14 video that A6BSTARM posted above. What I'd really like to see is a straightforward recording of all of the activities and conversations that take pilots from their initial briefings and suiting up, through the pre-flight inspection, to take-off and operations. Those of us outside the pilot's world never hear all of that stuff.