Poll: Tomcat Poll

Well I surely didn't expect this kind of reponse although I probably should have. OK here are my favorites;

VF-154 bird from 2001 according the history page on MATS.

VF-111 Miss Molly

VF-14 80th Aniversary bird

VF-143 CAG bird from 2002/2003 from the JFK

VF-11 CAG and retro birds from recent memory

VF-154 Modex numbers 100 and 101 from the Hasegawa History set as well as Millenium Cat

VF-32 Desert Storm CAG bird as well as AC 100 and 107 from tht Truman Columbia tribute cruise.

and last but not least VF-103 birds CAG and show birds

OK I cannot forget the VF-143 retro bird as that one is in the CT air Museum

Wow that is more than I thought. It took a while to put this all together.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to vote for the NATC or the NASA cat... but one of my favorites not metioned yet was the NFWS powder puff..... I almost have enought data to build a model of it... the only question I can't answer (which I cant paint until I do) is was the underside the same camo pattern as the top side or was it a solid color grey or white like the later NSAWC cats????? Anybody know???

Edited by space monkey

For me, there are a lot, but I have one favorite in my heart:

VF-124 Bicentennial jet, "Gunslinger 76"

124-8.jpg

vf124.jpg

Certainly a garrish paintjob, but to me it was one of the best of all the bicentennial schemes done that year. Plus, nothing says "America" to me like a Tomcat painted red, white and blue (complete with a Tomcat patch on the main gear doors).

it's a combined first place for these squads:

VF-143

VF-101 (the red one earlier mentioned)

VF-111

VF-2

the most obvious probably :doh:

For me, there are a lot, but I have one favorite in my heart:

VF-124 Bicentennial jet, "Gunslinger 76"

124-8.jpg

vf124.jpg

Certainly a garrish paintjob, but to me it was one of the best of all the bicentennial schemes done that year. Plus, nothing says "America" to me like a Tomcat painted red, white and blue (complete with a Tomcat patch on the main gear doors).

Yes, that was one sweet scheme. great model too!

159616.jpg

Yes, that was one sweet scheme. great model too!

159616.jpg

Wow, you can tell that was early in the Tomcat's career, look how clean the Miramar Tarmac still is in that shot ! :rolleyes::crying:

Great pic Dave and Excellent model Jay !

Gregg

Wow, you can tell that was early in the Tomcat's career, look how clean the Miramar Tarmac still is in that shot ! :worship::salute:

Great pic Dave and Excellent model Jay !

Gregg

Wish I had shot it but I didn't. Photographer is unknown unless someone out there takes credit. Looks like it's from one of the Miramar Photo Tours.