Hi Guys

Well this isnt the way I planned this beast turning out, in fact it nearly hit the bin on several occasions. Its my first venture into 1:32 and I had been looking forward to building it since last summer when I bought it.

I thought I would go for the aires cockpit which is a piece of art in the right hands. Not mine however, I really need to find a better technique for working with PE etc. Thus no pictures of inside the cockpit as it is a bit of a blob. I seemed to stick my fingers to every part at some stage. In the end I opted for the quick boost seat with molded harnesses !!

Then the super glue melted half the plastic whilst trying to fasten the resin tub into the fuselarge and in the insuing panic I pretty much messed up the general construction. After nearly landing in the bin I thought I might as well slap it all together, and in my impatiance managed to mess up the gun bay panels resulting in it sitting slightly lower than the surrounding area. :yahoo:

I had intended to build a Netherlands Air Force varient and instaled the longer tail, heads up display etc. I tried to get the dutch decal sheet which covers most of the squadrons, but couldnt find them anywhere. So on a trip to Hannents I bought the Voltz set with a spectacular tiger motif onb the tail. However once I got them home and had a close look they seemed out of focus and lacked the vibrancy of the real scheme. :) So pretty hacked off I opted to use a set Two Bobs decals which I bought ages ago. This meant chopping off the tail section and replacing it with the short varient and hacking off the Heads up display etc !!. Then the tinted canopy snapped in half whilst trying to polish away the seem :whistle:

I just wanted to get on with the painting so loaded up the airbrush and just had a bit of fun, with no pressure I really enjoyed it !! To be honest there are loads of open seems which I couldnt be bothered to fill but really just wanted to get some paint on. The decals went on without too much difficulty, although I did find them suseptable to being quite brittle and several cracked. Oh but what the heck. I also found the panel lines on the fuselarge much softer than those on the wings .....

moan

moan

moan

<_<

HOWEVER on the other hand I learnt a great deal of lessons about modelling and just cant wait to get on with my next build !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im really pleased with the way my pilot dude turned out though, and loaded up with plenty of weapons its busy enough not to notice all the flaws !!

Anyway here are some piccies

74831922.EQNkSxC2.jpg

74831895.SLr1rW0C.jpg

74831898.3xTFkPkd.jpg

74831892.mfLvECyH.jpg

74831917.9cdH5bBg.jpg

74831905.IK0U0MTu.jpg

74831910.p0qHWhiK.jpg

Yep 100%

and more....

The photos flatter the results and the paint job covers a multitude of shoddy modelling . Dont get me wrong, I am pretty happy with the results and am really glad I persevered. I think I was rather naive thinking that building in a bigger scale would be easier :thumbsup:

If I had a story like that, which is pretty much all of my past models, they wouldn't be here right now, and I don't see any of my models on this site. LOL

However my two recent ones are going great. I've learned from my mistakes and I've discovered my best techniques and methods, and my favorite materials to use.

Oh BTW. What are the dimensions of that finished model?

Edited by Forseti42

Hey partner,

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it looks great. I'm doing the same kit and cockpit set combo. Your cockpit looks fine to me. Tough build I'm sure, but congrats for hanging in there and not flying it into the wall.

Chuck

cdplayer, i'll take your word that there are some defects with this model, but man it looks awesome.

You certainly weren't let down by your painting skills, and i agree, your pilot figure looks superb.

Nice job on a tough build that i would of packed in long ago.

Cheers,

Jeff.

To be honest with you I read the whole story first and expected to she a bunch of crap! But MAN!!! you have a georgous build there. Your right to be prowd of the pilot. He came out looking fantastic. I just started building the same kit. Hope it looks have as good as yours,

Trevor M

Edited by Thundervett