IMO the kit price is justified, and the kit is probably comparable in detail to Tamiya's upcoming F-16CJ kit.

The Hasegawa F-2 kits are fully engraved, include complete intake trunking, comprehensive decal sheets, and both single- and two-seat versions of the kit are available. In short, Hasegawa's F-2 kits are everything I wish their (Hasegawa's) A/B/C/D kits were.

Plus, it's the only game in town... ;)

(more info on the F-2A/B kits)

Just curious

I'm taken with this a/c and would like to buy the kit. Have checked Ebay but nothing.

Hannants lists this as £24.99 which seems a bit steep.

Is this a limited run kit/rare?

Anyone know where i can source it cheaper.Im based in the UK.

If you have Paypal I'll sell you one for $20.00 Cdn (about 8.80 GBP) plus shipping from Canada.

I have an extra that I only paid $20.00 Cdn for.

Hasegawa's F-2 kits are everything I wish their (Hasegawa's) A/B/C/D kits were.

You know, it's amazing that after so many years of cornering the market on so many modern aircraft types that they re-tooled, that Hasegawa has fallen lax on keeping current and updating their line like they used to. If this had been the 1980's and early 90's... Hasegawa wouldn't have been letting Tamiya beat them to the punch with a newly tooled Viper. They were setting the bench-marks back then, but have let it slip away.

Don't get me wrong, they still do good stuff... but I think with Fujimi getting out of the game, HA started resting on their laurel's until Tamiya and Trumpeter started showing them it was a mistake and now they're playing catch-up instead of being an industry leader like they were.

NO 1/72 scale F2!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU HASEGAWA!

AS far as Hasegawa resting..... Well let's see... what A super nice B-25.. OH and that He-111 ain't to shabby...

Hmmmm... JU-88 A4 Sweet and that special version A1 Lovely!!!! WOW B-26 FANTASTIC!!! think I'll buy 4 or 5...

NO 1/72 scale F2!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU HASEGAWA!

;)

I count no less than eight different 1:72 F-2A or F-2B releases by Hasegawa...

sHG51807.jpg

sHG51808.jpg

sHG00088.jpg

sHG00351.jpg

sHG00393.jpg

sHG00545.jpg

sHG00765.jpg

I don't yet have an image for #00842, a combo kit with both an F-2A & F2B in one box

Crap I stand corrected Want to sell one or two???

I've just never seen them listed in anybodys 1/72 scale kit selection!!!

Thanks, Habu you've given me hope!!!!

For what I said about hasegawa I appologise about the shame part! But I still admire the

1/72 twin engin collection!! Fantastic kits!!

...And Trumpeter charged $89.95 for a 1/700 aircraft carrier...

..and it is worth every penny. It has almost 650 parts and is just beautiful. It is like night and day compared to the old Italeri kit. If you want one, you can get it for $50 including shipping from Lucky Model. At that price, it is like stealing. You'll believe me when you see one.

AS far as Hasegawa resting..... Well let's see... what A super nice B-25.. OH and that He-111 ain't to shabby... Hmmmm... JU-88 A4 Sweet and that special version A1 Lovely!!!! WOW B-26 FANTASTIC!!! think I'll buy 4 or 5...

Yes, but that's all pretty much WW II prop-driven 1/72 stuff that's been neglected by everybody for ages... so it's kind of a given. My comments were in relation more to the modern stuff that HA has been resting their laurels on. Where's a CORRECT F-15E?... how about an F-15I or some of the other newer F-15's? Newer Viper variants?... and re-tools of their old Vipers? How about an F-22 to blow away Italeri? This is stuff that HA wouldn't have let go just 10-15 years ago. They're more into re-boxings and just decal sheets now than they used to be when they actually did nearly entire FAMILIES of aircraft that had many differences.

I've just never seen them listed in anybodys 1/72 scale kit selection!!!

The F-2A/B is a nice kit... slightly better than their older Vipers... but still very reminiscent of their older Viper line. Can't go wrong with it though. I've got the one that's got the option for both the single and two-seater in the same box (but not enough parts for two complete aircraft though... just the additional fuselage pieces).

Yes, but that's all pretty much WW II prop-driven 1/72 stuff that's been neglected by everybody for ages... so it's kind of a given. My comments were in relation more to the modern stuff that HA has been resting their laurels on. Where's a CORRECT F-15E?... how about an F-15I or some of the other newer F-15's? Newer Viper variants?... and re-tools of their old Vipers? How about an F-22 to blow away Italeri? This is stuff that HA wouldn't have let go just 10-15 years ago. They're more into re-boxings and just decal sheets now than they used to be when they actually did nearly entire FAMILIES of aircraft that had many differences.

Come up with as many boxings as they like. To me, there only either a single seater or a twin seater viper kit. And just F-14A, B and D. Chuck away the box and decals, everything looks the same to me. I don't remember building anything that ended up looking like the picture on the box.

This is stuff that HA wouldn't have let go just 10-15 years ago.

They're more into re-boxings and just decal sheets now than they used to be when they actually did nearly entire FAMILIES of aircraft that had many differences.

A few points, to be fair:

You're talking 20 - 25 years ago now, not 10 - 15. The F-2 tooling (1/72) is ten years old now. Ditto their 1/72 T-4 (the newer tool one). Most of their 1/48 jet kits were pre-1990. IIRC, the 1/48 Phantom family is 25 years old, either this year or next. And at the same time, Monogram was cranking out Century series jets and the like. Times have changed, and the economics have changed.

Along that line, a big part of Hasegawa's quality was the fact that they were locked in a death-match with Fujimi, to see who could out-do the other. The result being that Fujimi's been pretty much out of the aircraft game for 15 years. They just couldn't keep it up - would you rather have a slightly disappointing Hasegawa kit, or no Hasegawa period?

And similarly, we've got the benefit of history behind us now. Want a Hasegawa F-4B/N? There's umpteen boxings. Want an F-4M? Plenty available. Took about eight years for the different versions to hit, though, and I'm sure back in 1987, people were whingeing and wailing that some specific sub-type had been sorely neglected, which we now take for granted. (case in point: IIRC the first Hasegawa -109s came out in '87, and they didn't flesh out the major sub types until '99 or so - I recall early posts on HS bemoaning the lack of specific G-types). Last year, people complained that it had been what, six years that the 1/48 -104s were out, and STILL no two seater. Now the two-seater is available, and all is forgotten. Ten years from now, it will seem strange that people once ranted about the lack of two-seat A-4s. And will be asking for a new-tool F-22, 'cause sure, the Hasegawa one released in 2010 is okay, but it just doesn't live up to the state of the art in 2017. :worship:

Though all that said, I firmly believe that they should invest in a few tooling tweaks for some older kits, to breathe new life into their line. A small sprue with more detailed cockpits for 1/72 kits like the Phantom and VIper would put them on par with the Revell kits. A new sprue with an ADF tail for the Viper, CFTs, spines, various antennae... A sprue to update the F-15E, and feathered exhausts to do everything from the A to I (go nuts and do some GE exhausts for the K, too). It'd be great, would probably generate about as much buzz as a full blown new release, but with a lot less cost (remember the B.50 updates to tthe F-16), and would give modellers what they want. But alas, I ain't Mr. Hasegawa. :lol:

Oh, and F-2 decals... HSJ has had a re-stock of the 1/48 sheets recently, so the 1/72 Platz F-2 decals may not be far behind.

I paid around $35 for my 1/48 F-2 kit from Gordon, and I thought it was worth every penny. I've built 1 1/72 kit and I have another in the stash... they're all very top quality.

I wish they'd release as many 1/48 boxings as they have 1/72...

A few points, to be fair:

Along that line, a big part of Hasegawa's quality was the fact that they were locked in a death-match with Fujimi, to see who could out-do the other. The result being that Fujimi's been pretty much out of the aircraft game for 15 years. They just couldn't keep it up - would you rather have a slightly disappointing Hasegawa kit, or no Hasegawa period?

I don't disagree with you at all... but Hasegawa's got nobody but themselves to thank for the expectations from modelers today! They set the bar so long ago and haven't been the best about staying up there since then. They're a victim of their own success in this regard.

Though all that said, I firmly believe that they should invest in a few tooling tweaks for some older kits, to breathe new life into their line. A small sprue with more detailed cockpits for 1/72 kits like the Phantom and Viper would put them on par with the Revell kits. A new sprue with an ADF tail for the Viper, CFTs, spines, various antennae... A sprue to update the F-15E, and feathered exhausts to do everything from the A to I (go nuts and do some GE exhausts for the K, too). It'd be great, would probably generate about as much buzz as a full blown new release, but with a lot less cost (remember the B.50 updates to tthe F-16), and would give modellers what they want. But alas, I ain't Mr. Hasegawa. :rofl:

I'll echo ALL your sentiments... right on brother!!!! :tease:

They could capitalize so much on a lot of their older kits, without too much investment... that it's not even funny!

Just curious

I'm taken with this a/c and would like to buy the kit. Have checked Ebay but nothing.

Hannants lists this as £24.99 which seems a bit steep.

Is this a limited run kit/rare?

Anyone know where i can source it cheaper.Im based in the UK.

1/48 F-2A

I calculate it at 15.43 GBP with shipping (SAL small parcel), 20 GBP if you want to get it fast and pay for EMS shipping.