The Airfix/Heller Challenge in Utah

Each year for the last few, our clubs "splinter" group has held the Airfix Challenge. This is a group of 10+ modelers who live about an hour south of Salt Lake so sometimes hard for them to make our monthly meetings.

This year they expanded the competition to include Heller kits. There were 8 entries.

1st was the old Airfix Fw-190

Airfix%20FW190%202.JPG

2nd was a Heller T-28

Heller%20T28.jpg

and 3rd was this nice Airfix Devastator

Airfix%20Devastator.jpg

You can see the rest of the entries and some other kits that showed up last Tuesday on our site.

http://www.ipmsslc.com/gallery2/v/Contests...xChallenge2007/

Excellent!

Glad to see more builds that involve the old but good Airfix/Heller range.

Anyone up for a repeat of a Matchbox Madness GB?

<_<

MikeJ

Edited by madmike

Oh yeah, I'm up for that. These kinds of group builds are the most fun, the ones like this and the last Matchbox GB as well as the upcoming Monogram GB.

By the way, Phil, I'll try to make the meeting tomorrow, if the weather's OK. The last time I drove when it was snowing on the benches I did a 180 in my now sold Mazda pickup. Anyway, I've thought about entering something in that chapter's Airfix challenge, but going across the Point of the Mountain is a bridge too far....but if there's something like that planned for our chapter or the Gathering I'm totally up for that. I've got some more Airfix and Heller kits.....

Justin

Justin,

You missed a great meeting. Check the pics out in the Gallery.

Don't have any plans for something specific like that but the Mini Con is coming up in April.