After-market military jet decals in 1/144 scale?

Hi guys,

I'm not normally an aircraft builder but have recently really taken to 1/144 scale military jets.

I've done some searching for after-market decals available in this scale, but so far haven't come up with a single one! It may be my lack on knowledge for the genre - or perhaps it's not so popular a scale.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to any 1/144 after-market decals for military jets?

Cheers all,

Mark

G'day Mark,

I have, on a couple of occassions requested that custom graphic guys resize their sheets for my 1/144 a/c. Some have gladly done it, Mike Grant Designs (http://mikegrantdesign.com/decals/ great guy) for instance. (My E-2C with 1/48 resized decals: E-2C). Just send an e-mail to the company and ask away. Never hurts.

Other than having them do it for you, I've never trusted my scanner and printer (read as: "I've got cheap peripherals") to purchase larger scale prints, resize them myself, and print them on waterslide printable sheets, but that is another option I suppose.

Edited by Cloud in the Wind

I hadn't thought of actually asking the companies. That might come in handy on some of the kits I have left to build (roughly 60!)

Might especially come in handy on my Aeroclub A-4 and A-7 kits in 1/144, as the decals that came with those sucked mercilessly.

JB

Back in the day, Microscale did a whole bunch of 1/144 decals for military aircraft. They are, however, long out of print but still turn up occasionally. There were decals for F-14, F-15 I think, F-4, F-100, F-102, F-8 and RA-5C among others.

Hi Mark,

I have a link that can help you: http://aaahobby.com/

They still have some Superscale 1/114 sheets, I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Marco

:beer4:

Hi guys,

I'm not normally an aircraft builder but have recently really taken to 1/144 scale military jets.

I've done some searching for after-market decals available in this scale, but so far haven't come up with a single one! It may be my lack on knowledge for the genre - or perhaps it's not so popular a scale.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to any 1/144 after-market decals for military jets?

Cheers all,

Mark

This comes up and the real answer is you've got to get creative. I've seen the Flying Papa's website and they've got tons of modern decals - F-14, F-15, F/A-18, F-4 and a bunch of other stuff. Trouble is nobody seems to be able to get in touch with them or can read japanese to order from them. I've been trying to find a way to buy their decals for 2 years now!

good luck,

brian

I've a couple of decals in 1/144 for scandinavian subjects, if you're interested you can drop me a note. What I've is for the Saab Lansen, Draken both 1 and 2 seater, Tunnan (Flying Barrel), Viggen and also for the Shorts Tucano. All of them, there are atleast 2 options, for the Draken also both finnish and danish.

Anders

Back in the day, Microscale did a whole bunch of 1/144 decals for military aircraft. They are, however, long out of print but still turn up occasionally. There were decals for F-14, F-15 I think, F-4, F-100, F-102, F-8 and RA-5C among others.

Yes, I saw one sheet of theirs for the F-8...had markings for VF-84, and I think either VF-211 or VF-24, can't recall which....