So far I learned that the actual HH-60s have new door mounts for their guns, with the ammo-boxes outside on the sponsons. Question now is: Do they always carry a mixed combo of a .50 cal on one side and a minigun on the other? Is there a rule on which side the minigun is?

Are these boxes of symmetrical size, although they carry different ammunition? (12,7mm and 7,62mm).

Thanks a lot!

HAJO

The boxes are the same size and can be loaded with either ammo type. It is up to unit SOP or crew preference as to the weapon load-out of 2 GAU-2s, 2 GA-18 .50 cals, or one of each.

Here is the external weapon mount / ammo set-up.

GAU-18 .50 cal

GMAHSwithGAU-18A.jpg

GAU-2 (M134 Army designation) minigun

GMAHSwithGAU-2C.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Model is coming good so far (maybe will do some pictures later), one of my future problems will be: Where do I get 6 Flare/Chaff-launchers? I used 1/700 ASROC-launchers for my SOAR Nighthawk, but now I´m depleted with these tiny little launchers...

HAJO

I used 1/700 ASROC-launchers for my SOAR Nighthawk, but now I´m depleted with these tiny little launchers...

HAJO

Wow, great thinking! Who'd have thought about using ASROC-launchers. :blink: