Kim,

An item that is needed for the F-4 is a representation of the many holes in the variable ramp of the F-4. Without too much tech talk -- these holes bleed off boundary layer air (which is then dumped). For some reason, these are usually very poorly represented on kits - for example, the Hasegawa 1/72 ramps have raised lines which are nothing at all like the real thing.

So, what's the chance of you including "some holes" in your forthcoming 1/72 sheets?

Gene K

And Kim,

Make sure you include all 9,674 holes or Gene will call you on it! :blink:

Cheers!

John

John,

Well......notice I said a "representation" of the holes. Is there anything out there now in AfterMarket Land to do that?

Gene K

Oh, I agree with ya Gene

Not taking a shot at you so please don't take it that way

I just said that because I know that you are a phormer Phantom phyler and that you would want accuracy.

I think (next to the Hasegawa F-4's in 1/48th) that the only company that tried to simulate those holes was Monogram with their high tech kit (again in 1/48th)

Cheers!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than try to add the dots one by one to your design, can you use "half-tone" dots arranged in rectangles? I don't know what art programs use for shading, but, rectangles of half tone in a light shading would probably do the trick. The holes are very small, less than 2mm in real life.