Russian jets 48th scale

The Badger was a bomber so we're not likely to see that in 1/48 (well, there's always the Amodel "Monster" series), but if we did, how long before a 1/48 Tu-160 should appear? (I'd include the Tu-95, but the thread started off as jets)

A 1/48 Yak-36 & Yak-141 would be nice as would a 1/48 MiG-29KUB from the IAF.

Edward made a lot of 1/48 detail sets for the Ita rerelease of the MiG23/27. has any one tried them yet? i was planning on getting some or all of those but wanted to ask if any one tried them yet?

Shark

I forgot to mention the Academy´s family of SU-15 Flagons.......very good ones....

Academy made Flagons? In 1/48, you're looking at either Trumpeter or the older vacuform HitKit release.

jb

• 3 weeks later...

Are there Brewers or Fiddlers that were done by anyone as vacuforms? I'll take what I can get... I'm on a Russian kick for some reason...

Cheers,

Dave

It takes some doing...it was just in a trainer scenario where we shot a weapon and then turned the wrong way... That what you get when you put 16 students together in an attack center for the first time. We got much better after that.

Cheers,

Dave

For completeness, I will mention that Revell reboxed OEZ's Su-7 as a BKL/BMK (I recall). Ken Duffey reviewed it Scale Models International over 10 years ago, and gave lots of useful notes on how it was mislabelled (I think a BM was most easily built from the kit). Apologies that this is vague - it was a long time ago! His notes appeared in the September 1995 issue of SMI.

Cheers

Jon