Problems with LuckyModel.com??

(Also posted in the general discussion)

Has anyone out there had good or bad dealings with Lucky Model.com.....I put in an order almost two weeks ago (paying by PAYPAL) and I've gotten no invoice and my order is still sitting in their "processing" box. All the items were listed "in stock" and "available" but so far nothing. I've emailed them twice now and haven't gotten any response.

Anyone got anything?

Chris

In three months I have placed 7 orders with them - all of different compositions. Tools and kits, kits only, tools and paints, aftermarket, paints, tools, etc. The only time I ever had a problem was when my post office forgot to send me a delivery notification. Most of the parcels took about 1.5 to 3 weeks to arrive in my hands. I live in South Africa

Almost all of my emails (order enquiry's) have been answered between 30 minutes or a few hours after sending them an enquiry.

I am definatly gonna buy from them again.

Raymond (the owner) also frequents these forums, chances are if he sees this message he'll PM you or something

I might be wrong, but I think it is Chinese New Year, when orders tend to slow down there for a couple weeks. I have ordered from them 3 or 4 times with no problems and quick service. They also reply to email rather quickly.

I'll add to the chorus of 'they're great' platitudes - I've ordered from them quite a few times recently. I've two gripes:

1. Why is their shipping to mainland China more expensive than to the US?

2. Their 'in stock' descriptions can be incorrect - I ordered a Hase F-104DJ that turned out to be out of stock and it took an email from me to establish this. They are excellent at replying to emails though and easily changed my order to the F-104D.

Cheers

Jon (whose wife is taking him on a model plane buying trip to Hong Kong today - how lucky am I?)

Edited by jonbryon

I have to admit, jonbryon's first question is what I concerned, the shipping fee to Shanghai is more higher than regular HK based dealers, more like shipping from Japan to China.

But, I have to admit also, I got what I paid for everytime, their ordering system is more sweet than some other webshop(they are also very kind), for example, I order 10 items together, they could be send to me in 3 or 4 packages, coz it's hare for LM to collect all I want at one time or keep all of them for one single pack, they just send me what they got this week, and maybe the next week I got some others, and above all, NO ADDITIONAL FEE! I can live with that no problem, coz LM did try to help me get all I want.

I haven´t got any problems buying there. i have put more than 9 oreders in the past two months and all arrived in pristine condition......And they made a long journey....to Argentina...and arrived!!!

Just to second the previous comments:

I've ordered from LM quite a few times and service has always been speedy and polite. Record is 4½ days from ordering to actual delivery. And we are talking from HK to Denmark here!!!!!.

Can only give them my very best recommendations.

Bjarne

I have to admit, jonbryon's first question is what I concerned, the shipping fee to Shanghai is more higher than regular HK based dealers, more like shipping from Japan to China.

But, I have to admit also, I got what I paid for everytime, their ordering system is more sweet than some other webshop(they are also very kind), for example, I order 10 items together, they could be send to me in 3 or 4 packages, coz it's hare for LM to collect all I want at one time or keep all of them for one single pack, they just send me what they got this week, and maybe the next week I got some others, and above all, NO ADDITIONAL FEE! I can live with that no problem, coz LM did try to help me get all I want.

newca96,

Where do you order from in China/HK other than Luckymodel? I want to get Trumpeter's new Panther, but find it faintly ridiculous that I can't get one in China and have to order it from Hong Kong (which is quite expensive on postage). There is a small model shop in Zhengzhou, but they carry no Trumpeter aircraft - only armour (although I may try and see if they can order me one). Which companies offer better shipping prices to the mainland?

I did email Luckymodel to find out why it costs more to mail a package across the border than across the Pacific, but, although they replied, I still don't know why!

Cheers

Jon

OMG, you are coming from Zhengzhou, and you talking about how hard getting Trumpeter kits, are you joking?

hehe, as we know, Trumpeter always sell their kits late about one or two seasons inside China after the release date in US market, don't panic, they will come to you eventually... Long wait, but cheaper price, satisfied?

Is the small shop you said is Jin Yi model? Go to www.sonicmodel.com to ask them for what you want.

OMG, you are coming from Zhengzhou, and you talking about how hard getting Trumpeter kits, are you joking?

hehe, as we know, Trumpeter always sell their kits late about one or two seasons inside China after the release date in US market, don't panic, they will come to you eventually... Long wait, but cheaper price, satisfied?

Is the small shop you said is Jin Yi model? Go to www.sonicmodel.com to ask them for what you want.

Not sure of the name of the model shop I know - mainly RC and armour there, only about 10 aircraft kits (plus a lot of old Matchbox Dornier floatplane models!). I'll follow up the website you've recommended - thanks!

Jon

Has anyone out there had good or bad dealings with Lucky Model.com.....

Never bad dealings. Just good experiences. It is by far one of my preferred hobyshops. Their prices and service rules.

Azor, from Chile

Edited by Azor

Has anyone out there had good or bad dealings with Lucky Model.com.....I put in an order almost two weeks ago (paying by PAYPAL) and I've gotten no invoice and my order is still sitting in their "processing" box. All the items were listed "in stock" and "available" but so far nothing. I've emailed them twice now and haven't gotten any response.

Anyone got anything?

Chris

Man..you haven't ordered anything from us yet have you? ;)

Just kidding around dude. Seriously, Raymond (Chung) and his crew will treat you right.

Edited by VF-103guy