1/144 B-52 Triple Ejector Rack

Anyone ever heard of the Buff's nine-tuple :) ejector rack - the ones carried on the wing available in 1/144th scale?

OR, anyone know of a reference so I can whip out a reasonable scratch facimily? Since, if I go with the project, I'll probably have to scratch build a few 2,000lb JDAMs to outfit the build. :lol:

The dream project would have the buff in-flight on a stand with the bombs suspending in sequential drop with fine wire.

BOOM

-= Opps, wrong forum, Mods please move me to Jet Models =-

Edited by Cloud in the Wind
  • 1 month later...

Each wing of the buff holds one HSAB (Heavy Stores Adapter Beam) onto which are connected 9 MAU-12 ejector racks. The buffs used to be able to carry MERs (Multiple Ejector Racks) on each HSAB giving a total of 12 weapons per pylon external, but these aren't used anymore and would only be for gravity weapons (Mk-82/84, M117) If you're looking for J-series weapons (GBU-31 V1/3 JDAM) you're deffinately looking for the HSAB/MAU-21 combo. Unfortunately I've heard of nothing in 1/144th for this. Since I fly Buffs, I keep an eager eye out, most everything is ALCM/CALCM pylons. I can probably also dig up some photos if you're interested.