Thats looking really good! You have been building this for what, a month, and its nearly done. Wow, that is some fast building, and quality work.

BTW, I think Grant did some for Alaska's ANG too.

The one that I did was a 1/48th MH-60G from ODS (which I still need to finish the rotor blades :worship: )

A link to my build up thread.

Take care,

Austin

Edited by arkhunter2002

Thanks all. Made some more progress today. It is almost done. Should have some final pics up soon.

Austin. Yours looks good. Wold love to see it finished with the figures and all. Yup, Grant did the AK ANG ones too. I have them as well. Maybe I'll do one of Sal's birds some time in the future.

Thanks guys. Glad you like it. The color scheme was specific to only 4 USAF Reserve helos out of Davis-Monthan AFB in OIF 1. You can see a pic of the actual helo below. I think it is turning out pretty good, but the brown is still a little too dark after weathering. Oh well, it is close enough. I should have some pics up of the finished product this weekend. Keep a look-out here for more.

050803-12hrPaveHawk.jpg

Edit: The brown actually looks about the same in this pic. Guess it is the lighting or something.

DF-SD-05-05126.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Impresive

just made a jump into your Photobucket album. Wow

Colours here are more looking like the picture in your album.

were these 4 helis paint with same colors ?

Norbert

Thanks Norbert. I think they were all painted the same colors. Maybe it was the lighting or brown-out from the dust or something in the first pic that makes it look lighter. You are right about the other pic looking more like the colors.

I think it's safe to say the two lighter browns are the same on 6227 and 6224, but that third, darker brown just doesn't look the same. I do not know why that is; I thought about lighting or brown-out too, but it would have affected the other colors as well.

Note - this is just speculation on my part.

My best guess - it's a different dark brown. Remember, these colors are not part of an official scheme and it's possible on one or more of the airframes they cut the dark brown with a light brown to stretch it out or because they thought it to be too dark out of the can.