Here is the latest update on my 1/35 USAF Reserve HH-60G from Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ in OIF 1. It is just about ready for paint. I added quite a bit to the exterior as well. I have plumbed the brake lines for the main gear and tail wheel. Oil lines to the main rotor. Six Flare/Chaff launchers and their wiring. The launchers and their mounts are copies of the ones in the Academy MH-60L DAP kit with more defined boxes added. These are courtesy of a fellow modeler from Italy. I have also added the APR-39 antennas to the depressions in the nose, along with the A/R boom light for nightime A/R on the right side nose, and latches for the nose avionics bay. Various AM/FM and SATCOM antennas as well.

Here it is so far:

HH-60G018.jpg

HH-60G019.jpg

HH-60G022.jpg

HH-60G025.jpg

More here.

Edited by HeavyArty
Here is the latest update on my 1/35 USAF Reserve HH-60G from Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ in OIF 1. It is just about ready for paint. I added quite a bit to the exterior as well. I have plumbed the brake lines for the main gear and tail wheel. Oil lines to the main rotor. Six Flare/Chaff launchers and their wiring. The launchers and their mounts are copies of the ones in the Academy MH-60L DAP kit with more defined boxes added. These are courtesy of a fellow modeler from Italy. I have also added the APR-39 antennas to the depressions in the nose, along with the diagnostic hook-up on the right side nose, and latches for the nose avionics bay. Various AM/FM and SATCOM antennas as well.

Here it is so far:

HH-60G018.jpg

HH-60G019.jpg

HH-60G022.jpg

HH-60G025.jpg

More here.

Gino, looking realy good.

Ted.

Thanks guys, glad you like it. The FLIR head and mount is from the CC set. The G model kit doesn't include the FLIR head. It looks the same as the one in the DAP kit though.

Grant, I just build when I can. I have had quite a bit of time the last couple of weekends.

Looking great!

I´d like to jump on the bandwagon to ask what is the "actual" shape of the weather-radar. In this thread we can see that it is on the underside of the nose, in my attached picture it sits just "in the middle" of the nose. What´s the deal?

HAJO

Looking great!

I´d like to jump on the bandwagon to ask what is the "actual" shape of the weather-radar. In this thread we can see that it is on the underside of the nose, in my attached picture it sits just "in the middle" of the nose. What´s the deal?

kleinIMG_0146.jpg

HAJO

Wow, my picture really has made the rounds! I really need to update it though...

Okay, the only HH-60Gs that have the weather radar mounted on the centerline of the nose (like the Army's MH-60L) are the Pave Hawks (NOT Rescue Hawks - that's the Navy's HH-60H. Different aircraft.) of the 66th RQS, Nellis AFB, NV and not even all of their aircraft are configured in such a way. All the other HH-60Gs carry the weather radar on the offset position.

Thanks all.

Yup Grant, your pic has made it around quite a bit. As stated, not all have the center mounted WX radar. It really depends on which helo you are building. It depends on what level of upgrade they are in and what the govt. wanted to pay for to have upgraded. Best bet is to get a picture and build it as you see it.

Here is the HH-60G with its initial paint applied. Now on to decaling and the weathering.

Here is the original that I am attempting to recreate.

050803-12hrPaveHawk.jpg

And mine so far...

HH-60G.jpg

More to come as it continues....

Nice job! I really like the paint scheme you have choosen, Archunter2002 did one like that about 4 months ago.

LB117

Thanks. Got the decals on last night. I would like to see Archunter's version too.

Edited by HeavyArty

Hi Jeff. The decals were made by Grant Little, Trigger here at ARC. They are not brown though, but standard black markings. Grant is producing the Davis-Monthan specific tail codes, serial #s, AFRC markings, cargo door flags, and "Rescue" flashes for the tail. The rest of the standard markings come from the kit decals. He is selling them in both 1/48th and 1/35th.

Here it is with the decals on. It still needs some weathering and the smaller pieces and details added.

HH-60G031.jpg

HH-60G033.jpg

HH-60G032.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Wow Gino! Keeps progressing very well ... and very fast!

One thing, which might be the usual "from-real-life-to-scale-model" thing: the red brown you used looks a little too dark compared to the picture of the real helo.

Wow Gino! Keeps progressing very well ... and very fast!

One thing, which might be the usual "from-real-life-to-scale-model" thing: the red brown you used looks a little too dark compared to the picture of the real helo.

Thanks Avus. Don't worry, the brown will get toned down once the weathering begins.