Thanks Andy!

For some reason, the link worked for me when I posted it. Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking of. Just wanted to see if there was any interest in it. 73 hits out of 89 firings was pretty impressive in 1972. The 1st and 2nd "Hawk's Claw" TOW Detachments were active during the Easter Offensive, and had four birds in-country. A further two more modified aircraft were kept stateside for training purposes.

One of those stateside UH-1Bs was on display in the Army Aviation Museum until last year (when it was removed in favor of a TOWCobra), but it still remains in the museum's collection.

I'd been thinking about this particular helicopter and wanted to do a bit of market research before I initiated anything.

Jon

(evil grin)

PS, gotta love the Playboy bunny camouflage on the CPG's door!

Edited by Cobrahistorian
I have to ask the obvious question; what scale(s) are you planning this for?

I'd be interested in 1/72nd, but I wager most people would want it in 1/48th.

I'd be interested in a 1/72 version too. Camo'd be a b**** to do tho' :)

BTW, are those the same launchers that the Cheyenne had?

:doh:

I'd be interested in a 1/72 version too. Camo'd be a b**** to do tho' :)

BTW, are those the same launchers that the Cheyenne had?

:cheers:

Yep, they are. Dunno about 72nd. Is there a good B model Huey in that scale?

Camo isn't that bad. OD, thin SEA Tan and black. I could see it being an issue in 72nd tho!

Jon

Yep, they are. Dunno about 72nd. Is there a good B model Huey in that scale?

Camo isn't that bad. OD, thin SEA Tan and black. I could see it being an issue in 72nd tho!

Jon

The only 1/48 B model that I know is the Fujimi kit., however it requires ALOT of work to bring it up to speed. No control console and the rest of the interior is very basic. The outside looks OK but I don't know enough about this a/c to say whether the geometires of it are correct. The rotor system is prety basic as well..... a coouple of planks balanced on some sticks.

As for 1/72, you'd have to go for the Italeri, but then work out a way of scratch building the anti strella exhaust, then emailing me and telling me how you did it!! You could buy the Revel AH-1S ( I think) TOW cobra which has an AS with it.

Good luck with that cammo.

RicPS, that playboy bunny was well hidden. Nice.