AV-8B unit questions

Hi,

I dunno if anyone can help me, but I'm trying to pin down the details of two 1/48 Hase AV-8Bs I've just built. I simply need location and date.

The first is an AV-8B+ from the original (first) boxing. I've done the kit in the VMA-223 kit supplied markings (option 2) and have no clue as to the date of the markings. I know the Bulldogs got their Plus models in 1994, and the kit was made in 2003, so presumably the markings date from sometime in that period. Any help much appreciated (and I assume the plane was based in the USA).

The second is a standard AV-8B from the 'Desert Harrier' boxing, marking option 1 - VMA-231 Ace of Spades. I assume this is from early 1991, but does anyone know where VMA-231 were based for Desert Storm? Unfortunately the book I own that would tell me this info is in England, and I am not.

Many thanks for your help. I should be able to post some photos in Critique Corner in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

Jon