The much loved and hated Airfix lightning.

Well not a lot to add from the last update. Just a couple of splashes of colour here and there. Planning on getting some decals on tomorrow then I'll have a look at the undercarriage. I'm planning on having it partially retracted as though she has just lifted off on a scramble to intercept an incoming Bear.

While I'm sat here typing what should I use to highlight the panel lines colour wise. Black will look a bit much I think?

I also e-mailed Mr Alcad abou the chrome. He says he hasn't encountered the problem with chrome but is sending me a new bottle freeof charge. Now thats customer service.

Without further a do a minimulistic update. I almost fell quilty posting them. Naaaaaaaaaaahhh. :thumbsup:

pic004_001.jpg

pic002_001.jpg

pic003_001.jpg

pic005_001.jpg

Told you not a lot of progress for what seems hours of work. :lol:

Nigel.

I just couldn't help myself. So heres two shots with the first decals going on. Theres just something about BMF and RAF Markings.

Tony BMF is Bare Metal Finish. ( He's the guy I'm building it for.)

P3133502.jpg

P3133500.jpg

Should be enough to keep him going.

Nigel.

A very fine build Nigel. B)

I've just finished this same kit and a tip if I may. Not sure how your intending to finish her off, but I also used Alcad on mine, and around 4 coats of Kleer on top of that - the finish is the most realistic BMF I have ever achieved. Will also protect the leading edges etc when hanled.

Looking forward to the finished result.

Well many of you will have seen Skii's rendition of a Brit pilot in his Hawk thread. sadly the pics are missing at the mo but fear not. For I have recieved a test shot from him. Give him your money now!! These things are gorgeous. Thanks Skii.

pic002_003.jpg

pic003_003.jpg

Sorry Tony hes not going into your Lightning :) . i have bigger plans for him. :tease:

And just to prove that the Lightning is still moving along. :D

pic001_003.jpg

Enjoy.