Name that Flanker ...

Sweet pics! Yeah, love the green-blotched one.

Hey, where's Ken? Surprised he hasn't weighed in; his word will set all doubts on each subtype shown above to rest. :salute:

Sorry - I was half asleep at the back........ :yahoo:

Taking Anarchy's first 4 pics.....

#1 Is an early production Su-27 recently repainted at St Petersburg. Note the lack of chaff/flare 'boxes on the tailboom - see my 'tailbooms' webpage at :- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/flanke...s/tailbooms.htm

#2 Is a bog-standard Su-27 of the Ethiopean AF.

#3 Is NOT an MKK - it is a single-seat Chinese PLAAF Su-27SK - note that the MKK has a strengthening plate on the outer leading edge of the tailplanes - as do most later Flankers that can deliver A2G ordnance.

(you can just make it out in EF's pic of bort 502) - and in my pic of the Su-27SM at MAKS 05..

day_04_53.jpg

#4 Is the T10-17 early production batch Su-27 - Bort number Blue 17 that was used for early weapons release trials.....

su-27_01.jpg

The early Su-27's had square-tipped fins with anti-flutter weights, no boxes on the tailbooms and a frameless cockpit canopy.

What's the point in me doing a Flanker website - complete with variants page - if you don't look at it ?? :doh:

C'mon guys, keep up at the back!!!

Ken :rofl:

Wow, i didn't expect to get that many replys ... or so many cool pics i haven't seen before !

Thanx alot :lol:

Edited by Anarchy

hi people..

just thought i share this one

Sukhoi-3001.jpg

---------------

on a side note...

does anyone here have any pictures of the SU-30MKM ?

i read somewhere it suppose to be very similar to India's SU-30MKI except for the internal stuff... anyone?

:thumbsup:

kuman

Ill take this thread to the new level....

My fav aircraft, Su-34!!! :D

su34.jpg

su34_2.jpg

Su-34.jpg

dsu34p.jpg

su34fr.JPG

SU-34_C.JPG

And yes, it can do the Cobra :doh:

IMG_9185_su-34.jpg

Gotta love the Indian flankers, and those green splinter camoed ones :pray:

PS. So the KUB has TVC , or some superman twisted them to that position... :doh:

Edited by Su-34
PS. So the KUB has TVC , or some superman twisted them to that position... :doh:

IIRC, the whole Su-33 fleet should get the thrust vectoring.

Nice pics everybody, hopefully someday good pictures of the Angolan 2-seaters hit this thread :pray:

And for the Hi-decals SU-27SK/UB sheet, is the Angolan UB option accurate or only speculation in some parts?

Greetings!

Well, one of my favorite schemes:

su30mk30.jpg

EF - I think that is a Photoshopped pic - AFAIK, only two Su-30 were painted up in that scheme - could be wrong though.

And my newest modeling project:

su-27ib_02.jpg

Apologies if you already knew - but that is a Su-34 - it is the prototype Su-27IB - with single mainwheels and short tailboom.

Is that what you are making ??

Cheers

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
Ill take this thread to the new level....

My fav aircraft, Su-34!!! :lol:

su34_2.jpg

That second pic is the prototype Su-27IB - note the short tailboom.

PS. So the KUB has TVC , or some superman twisted them to that position... :woot.gif:

Yep - the Su-27KUB now has bigger canards and TVC nozzles - as well as a new radar.

Ken

1) I'm not sure if it's Photoshoped or not, but I have pics of SB 301, SB 006, SB 007 and SB 008 wearing that tricolor scheme.

iafsu30mk1.jpg

2) Yes Ken, kitbashing the Italeri Su-34 forward fuselage with a Hasegawa Su-27.

Edited by EF