Just finished these babies. I think these kits are great - will build my GR5 and GR7 one day.

Finished in Mr Color, built in tandem, there are three glaring errors between them.

Only additions are etched seatbelts from the Aires seats I bought that don't fit in the kit (thank you, Aires, for making me waste all that money on having them sent from the US). Kit decals were used.

To find out what they are, and how I built these kits, visit www.thebryons.com/model_index.html for more.

Cheers

Jon

AV-8B+

av8bplus_004.jpg

av8bplus_047.jpg

av8bplus_044.jpg

av8bplus_038.jpg

AV-8B

av8b_050.jpg

av8b_032.jpg

av8b_029.jpg

av8b_012.jpg

Very nice work indeed! I'm working on a Hase Harrier(1/48) right now and I can appreciate the great job you did in your seam repair and rescribing(especially on the joint of the wing to the LERX). Well done! All it requires now is some ordnance. :thumbsup:

btw- I can't really tell from your pictures as to what you did for the chaff dispensers. Did you drill out each individual hole? Did you purchase something to replace the kit part? Did you use the supplied decals or did you just paint it?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's nice to be able to share the models with someone before I try and box them up and carry them back to the UK!

Some have commented on a 'clean' build/finish. I take that as a compliment - it's what I aim for. I'm afraid I'm just not that interested in replicating 'operational' finishes - I go for what I call an 'idealised caricature' finish - highlighted panel lines and cleanish paint.

Very nice work indeed! I'm working on a Hase Harrier(1/48) right now and I can appreciate the great job you did in your seam repair and rescribing(especially on the joint of the wing to the LERX). Well done! All it requires now is some ordnance. :cheers:

btw- I can't really tell from your pictures as to what you did for the chaff dispensers. Did you drill out each individual hole? Did you purchase something to replace the kit part? Did you use the supplied decals or did you just paint it?

Yeah, I'm in a season of model building where I prefer to not put ordnance on my builds. No real reason, other than making and painting them slows me down! It's rather like my penchant for closed canopies - helps preserve the aesthetic lines of the aircraft.

As for the chaff dispensers, they are OOB and highlighted with an oil wash. No drilling and no decals. They could do with being more defined (I found some of the detail a little soft compared to other Hasegawa kits; that's why I rescribed both models completely).

Cheers!

Jon

As for the chaff dispensers, they are OOB and highlighted with an oil wash. No drilling and no decals. They could do with being more defined (I found some of the detail a little soft compared to other Hasegawa kits; that's why I rescribed both models completely).

Cheers!

Jon

I've been debating with myself as to what to do with those. I thought about drilling each, but I really don't have a tool(or the skill) to do that. From what I can see, yours look great OOB, so you've convinced me to do the same.

Again, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Some have commented on a 'clean' build/finish. I take that as a compliment - it's what I aim for. I'm afraid I'm just not that interested in replicating 'operational' finishes - I go for what I call an 'idealised caricature' finish - highlighted panel lines and cleanish paint.

In that case your work is perfect. :beer4: