Aussie FA/18A Hornet....................

can you give a blow by blow account of how you achieved that weathering?

and post more pics!

that cockpit from distance looks nice like to see it closer :whistle:

Thanks again for your kind comments guy's!!

shadowy one:......all i did for the paint work on this model was pre shade the panel lines after primer, spray the main colours, making sure the pre shade was subtle, then feather on a lighter shade of the top deck colour to the areas where some fading may have occured, but not too much.After applying the clear coat and decals, i then gave the panel lines a wash with a dark grey oil colour.

The oil staining and streaking etc was done by dabbing small dots of oil paint, (browns and blacks), and just dragging the paint in the direction of the airflow with a brush moistened with Humbrol thinner, adding more paint as needed depending on the length of the streak.

Hope this sort of explains it.

Also, here are a couple of shots of the cockpit.They are as close as i can get in with my little tripod, as i dont have much luck taking them without it because i get too much camera shake for a digital camera.

RIMG0117.jpg

RIMG0110.jpg

RIMG0086.jpg

RIMG0030-1.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff.

Jeff - you need to read the rules of the road for posting. You cannot post images of real planes and pass them off as models :lol:

THAT is an incredible model. Everything about it is superb <_<

I was thinking the same thing. What an amazing Hornet

Most impressive, the only Hornets I have ever built have been in Canadian markings. I think I'll be building an Australian Hornet soon!

I do have walk-arounds of Auzzie Hornets. My Squadron hosted them at Maple Flag one year.

Edited by Scooby