:bandhead2: Snore.................................

Great photo. Disappointing markings. Not even a subdued sun marking?

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
20070227-NASKEYWEST0316.jpg

They have one jet now painted in SunDowner Markings

Oh sure I see how you are Fuji...typical Gypsie fashion.. :bandhead2:

Tease us with promisses of a high vis jet and give us "the standard". :D

Way to go man..

Seriously, super nice shot!

Oh sure I see how you are Fuji...typical Gypsie fashion.. :bandhead2:

Tease us with promisses of a high vis jet and give us "the standard". :D

Way to go man..

Seriously, super nice shot!

Actually, the new paint scheme was finished AFTER I was there so I didn't get shots of it. Day late and a dollar short! Again!

Edited by Fuji
Is it the lighting, or is the 111 in VFC-111 lighter than the VFC?

Lighting I think but also that they painted over the 13 and added 111 so the paints may not match

I just got an e-mail from SunDowner One , There is one F-5N now in the "Official" Sundowner colors , he wrote me that they painted up Jet 101 !!

Also they will paint the Key West F-4 Gate Guard in the VF-111 MiG -Killer colors , now it happens that this gate guard is the real VF-111 MiG -Killer when it was still a F-4B ( 153019 ) isn't that remarkable!?

Henk "Omar"

Edited by sundowner
Lighting I think but also that they painted over the 13 and added 111 so the paints may not match

Fuji , when the F-5N's are delivered to the squadrons after their refurbushing they are already painted in the paint schemes they are flying now with.

So, it will be hard to match those original colors ( I think ?? )

OMAR

Also they will paint the Key West F-4 Gate Guard in the VF-111 MiG -Killer colors , now it happens that this gate guard is the real VF-111 MiG -Killer when it was still a F-4B ( 153019 ) isn't that remarkable!?

:bandhead2: That's amazing!!!

Also, I don't know what sort of Sundowners markings they've got in mind, but I find myself really drawn toward the idea of the sun-rays on the rudder/rear of tail only...that would be nice! Could even do it in the colors of the camouflage of any bird in question just to blend it all in. That would be sweet! :D

I just got an e-mail of SunDowner One , There is one F-5N now in the "Official" Sundowner colors , he wrote me that they painted up Jet 101 !!

Henk "Omar"

Fuji , when the F-5N's are delivered to the squadrons after their refurbushing they are already painted in the paint schemes they are flying now with.

So, it will be hard to match those original colors ( I think ?? )

OMAR

Henk

I presented VFC-111 with Squadron Prints rendition of Old Nick 201 and they are looking forward to redoing the gate guard. I also heard from Malibu that they have one aircraft painted up in full SunDowner markings and that he hopes to email me some images soon. The camo paint schemes are done at Northrup Grumman in St. Augustine and I'll try to find the exact FS color numbers.

:bandhead2: That's amazing!!!

Also, I don't know what sort of Sundowners markings they've got in mind, but I find myself really drawn toward the idea of the sun-rays on the rudder/rear of tail only...that would be nice! Could even do it in the colors of the camouflage of any bird in question just to blend it all in. That would be sweet! :D

You won't be disapointed as I saw the art work while I was there.

I should be going back by June to do air-to-airs with them if the request byt the squadron is approved.

Edited by Fuji
Fuji, do you know if they ever put a Tomcat on display?

There is a Tomcat on the tarmac by the hanger at VFC-111. Its a black tailed Grim Reapers jet. It is not with the rest of the gate guards.

There is a Tomcat on the tarmac by the hanger at VFC-111. Its a black tailed Grim Reapers jet. It is not with the rest of the gate guards.

Is there also a A-3 or a A-5 across the runway? looks like its in front of these small hangars/storage buildings.

Is there also a A-3 or a A-5 across the runway? looks like its in front of these small hangars/storage buildings.

There is an RA-5 just to the right after you enter the main gate. Its by some barracks or something. No A-3 that I have seen at KW. There is an A-4, and an EA-6A down the street from the F-4.

• 6 months later...

A Sundowner F-5 was at the Cape Cod air show near where I live. Here's a couple of pics.

SundownerTeeth.jpg

Sharp and pointy teeth.

Sundowner.jpg

Now for the tail markings. Andrew D. got his wish.

P.S. Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I figured I'd do a favor for the guys who asked about this scheme before.