Trumpeter 1/24 Hurricane Mk1

Not sure about the harness i just added it regardless. I will use Eduard ones on the Mk2 when its out. Heres some photos of the panels after a quick coat of grey. I have not sanded or filled these , this is exactly how they fit. VERY nice!

hurricane11.jpg

hurricane12.jpg

I added the tailplane and rudder today. I also taped the wings together and taped them to the fuselage to check the fit. FANTASTIC fit. Just like a Tamiya kit. I will add some bracing across the fuselage halves internally just to be sure and add some sheet strips under the join , but as you can see its really a very good dry fit.

hurricane13.jpg

hurricane14.jpg

hurricane15.jpg

You have a keen eye David. I'm no Hurricane expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I love the aircraft and have a ton of references on the subject. Hopefully someone with more knowledge might step-in.

But... I do know that the 'Cane did fly with two types of spinners. This one "appears" to be a prop spinner from a Spitfire. I took a look at page 68 of the Aero Detail #12 on the Hurricane and there's an excellent photo of a Mk I with the Spitfire spinner attached. It matches up nicely with Gunpowder's photo. My only regret is the Trumpeter didn't supply the proper Hurricane spinner. A slightly narrow O.D. as you mentioned, but it has a pointier end as well. And the oil shield is missing on the engine cowling. However the surface detail of the spinner and cowling looks great. The prop is spot-on as well.

Randy

Hi Randy,

I see the problem with the props, that photo on page 68 of Aero Detail #12 is a Mk IIb, not a Mk I....looks like Trumpeter molded the Jablo-Rotol prop that would have appeared on the Mk II Hurri's and added the Spitfire spinner to the kit.....for a Mk I that's wrong.

Someone will have to come out with a prop de Havilland 3 bladed prop and spinner and a Rotol prop to go with the kit Spitfire spinner....and Trumpeter will have to get a Mk II spinner to go with that prop on the mk II line

• 4 weeks later...

OK here you go. Its nearly ready for paint now. I chose to close everything on this other than the cockpit. I intend to go to town on the Mk 2 when it comes out though! I have only used Tip ex (or typewriter correction fluid) on this. No filler at all.

Picture118.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture123.jpg