I finally tore myself away from my grandson for a little while and got work done on my Revell 1/72 F-89J Scorpion. I used Model Master Silver Plate aerosol paint and then buffed it to a shine. I just hope the shine isn't ruined by the clear coat yet to come.

Grandma L

Components: RIO panel on the left, pilot on the right.

DSCN2446.jpg

Fuselage.

DSCN2448.jpg

Top of right side wing.

DSCN2450.jpg

Bottom of right side wing.

DSCN2453.jpg

I finally tore myself away from my grandson for a little while and got work done on my Revell 1/72 F-89J Scorpion. I used Model Master Silver Plate aerosol paint and then buffed it to a shine. I just hope the shine isn't ruined by the clear coat yet to come.

Very nice work on the silver plate finish.

I built the Revell 1/48 Scorpion years ago, using Testors Metalizer Paints.

Utilised 3 different tones to achieve a multi-panel-multi-tone finish, only to have it turn mono-tone under a coat of the Testor's Metalizer ClearCoat!

I would try the clear coat on the underside of Aircraft or better yet, on some scrap plastic painted in silver plate.

Just in case it dulls the work you've done.

Look forward to the finished kit.

Nice looking Scorpion!

What decals are you using? I wasn't aware that anyone did decals for the "Happy Hooligans" Scorpions.

And, did they do them in 1/48th?

The kit decals have, "ND Air Guard" for the side of the nose, but no other markings. I was looking at picture of a J model from the 178 FIS that had that on the nose but not the "Happy Hooligans" on the tip tanks that later birds had.

Auger,

I have tried several different clear coats on scrap parts and get the same result you describe. I still have a couple more to try.

Grandma L