YF-23 at White Sands?

There's an A-7 a few feet West of the group of F-4's, and I can't quite ID the delta-winged aircraft just to the North of the Phantoms. F-102 or F-106? It doesn't quite look right for either.

#2 has been gone from the WMOF for many months--Northrop took it back for "refurbishment", and the museum has been expecting it back since summer '06--but it hasn't arrived. And now it shows up at White Sands apparently.

#1 is also hard to keep track of. Lots of places say it's at the Dayton Museum, but they don't seem to have it/list it.

Both YF-23's are "not at the museum they're said to be".

As for the delta-winged plane near it---many are saying MiG-21, and that if you scroll around enough you'll find an F-15 and MiG-29.

Edited by David Hingtgen

YF-23 PAV-2 is on display (on company property) at the Northrop Grumman El Segundo facility. It was loaned by WMoF to NGC who did an exterior refurbishment at company expense. It is still there for safekeeping as WMoF lost their lease at Hawthorne and relocated to smaller quarters at Torrance Airport. The DC-3 went to the Flightpaths Museum at LAX. The other larger pieces in the collection have also been farmed out, some to the CAF at Cable Airport

That said - this looks to be a RCS model. Verrry interesting!

HTH,

Craig

Hey Bam, do you mean that Google only has pics that recent from sensitive areas? Because I can find my farm on here and the pic is more recent than that.

They've stated several times that their imagery is no more recent than three years. The daycare my kids have gone to for nearly 3 years is nothing but a dirt lot on Google Earth. Are you sure about the dating of the picture from your farm? How can you tell - is it something like a building that wasn't there 3 years ago showing up in the image?

Hi Bam, yes the pic is newer, I can tell by the big paddocks that used to be a small forest. The first time I ever saw this program I couldn't zoom in very far at all but the forest was there, the pic of my place today I can zoom in a lot more and the forest is gone I can even see my dumptruck in the paddock -too bad I wasn't looking up at the time.

Hi Bam, yes the pic is newer, I can tell by the big paddocks that used to be a small forest. The first time I ever saw this program I couldn't zoom in very far at all but the forest was there, the pic of my place today I can zoom in a lot more and the forest is gone I can even see my dumptruck in the paddock -too bad I wasn't looking up at the time.

How long ago did you put the paddocks in and park the dumptruck? This is interesting, because Google has insisted for a while that 3 years was the absolute newest they could get for a detail view - where objects on the ground are identifiable.

How long ago did you put the paddocks in and park the dumptruck? This is interesting, because Google has insisted for a while that 3 years was the absolute newest they could get for a detail view - where objects on the ground are identifiable.

Bam this coming july would be 3 years. I doubt if an outsider looking at the scene would recognize it as a dump truck but I know what it is and there's no mistaking that the trees are gone.

Edited because I can't count back to 4 today

Edited by djeeper