YF-23 at White Sands?

Zamperini's alive and well, we just did a feature on his big birthday bash. Incredible story, he also wrote a book "Devil at my Heels" which I hear is an incredible read, waiting for a co-worker to finish it so I can borrow it. Nice to see something named after a person who's still alive to appreciate it.

As for those Mig-29s, I doubt they'd use the small number of air-worthy MiG-29s that the USAF has as targets, so I'm thinking mock up or maybe ex-moldavian non-flight worthy airframes. It is interesting though.

IMHO the YF-23 is probably an RCS mock up, and the aircraft to the north of the F-4's is a F-106 missing it's outer wing tips, too small for an f-111, no gap between the wings and tailplanes as would be seen on a MiG-23, way too small for a Vigi. intakes, cockpit and nose all look to be proportional for an F-106, just my two cents. The Migs further southwest are probably from the batch that was acquired back in the late 90's that were supposed to go to Iran but we got instead, I would love to know where they all ended up because as I recall there were quite a few. There are quite a few classics up at the "old army airfield" to the north too, would be nice to see some better pics of all this stuff.

Eric Strohmeyer