jps model paints???

Hello.

I just bought myself a shipload of jps paints old formula & i was whondering if they are any good???

Yes i know that i should have asked this before i ordered them.

Can someone give me there expierences & how are the colors???

Hello.

I just bought myself a shipload of jps paints old formula & i was whondering if they are any good???

Yes i know that i should have asked this before i ordered them.

Can someone give me there expierences & how are the colors???

Hello,

I use JPS paints frequently. They spray very well through my Anthem 155 airbrush. I thin them roughly 30%with isopropyl alcohol. I have also thinned them with distilled water, which seems to work just fine. The paints cover and set well. I always prime my models with an enamel primer so I cannot say how well the paints "grip" an unprimed surface, although I have never seen anyone complain. The RLM colors look accurate to me and match the paint chips found in the "Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings 1933-1945" volumes very closely. They take both future and a variety of matt finishes without problems. They do not smell very much while airbrushing, which is always a plus. I am very satisfied with them.

Edited by greif8

There is a review on the ipms germany site CLICK

If you don't speak german, here is the basic content:The clours in this review sample dried rather slowly, but according to Mr Poppe, that should have changed now, after a change in the mixture.

You can spray the colours without thinning (Badger 250, medium size tip). by a thinning ratio of 50:50 paint thinner, the brighter colours tend to be slightly transparent. The colours stick good to bare plastic without priming.The colours dry in a more satin than flat shine.According to Jens Poppe, the luftwaffe colours are were developped in cooperation with Juergen Kiroff, who also made the paint chips for Merricks "Luftwaffe camouflage and markings". This would explain Greif8 s observation.

Hope this helps

If they finally arrive tell me how they worked, because I am also interested in this brand

Regards Godhika

I made the payment today so they should arrive next week.

The seller told me that the new formula is very bad and he would not sell them.

He tried them and found that they where so bad that he threw them away.

So i will receive only the old formula & cannot comment about he new formula.

I will let you know what i think of them as soon as i use them.

Edited by archer