In-progress: 1/48 Academy Mig-29A

Academy Mig-29A ?

yes it is, my first Mig since I was 12ish or so. Normally, I wouldn't build a Mig, but Raymond and I have a deal .. he has to build a US plane and I have to do a Soviet plane. At least he's suffering with his Bronco as much as I am with this Mig .. :lol:

Benner,

Looks like she's coming along nicely. I noticed the piece at the front of the vertical stabilizer along the wing root is not yet attached. Did the Iraqi MiG 29s have the chaff and flare dispensers there?

Cheers,

Mark

Benner,

Looks like she's coming along nicely. I noticed the piece at the front of the vertical stabilizer along the wing root is not yet attached. Did the Iraqi MiG 29s have the chaff and flare dispensers there?

Cheers,

Mark

... as far as I know, yes. I just haven't gotten around to gluing it on yet when that picture was taken.

.. preshade done:

undermw7.jpg

closing the gear doors was a serious pain .. I've had enough of it and moved on to painting, I'm not going to see the underside again once it's in the display case :cheers:

Benner,

Looking Good. What type of base are you planning on using?

Mark

... one of my cheap *** made up stands. you'll see

Nice work Benner!

Are you going to make it more realistic & bury it in a sandpit?

lol

...well, that wouldn't be accurate for 1991 .. they didn't do that until 2003 B)

Isn't that preshading a bit too obvious (could be the lightning though)?

I think you misunderstood me, that was just the preshade on the panel lines only. The main color hadn't been applied yet; here's the result so far:

picture107ax8.jpg

Looks great! I think you nailed the colours... One question though - is the radom painted radome tan or is it unpainted resin replacement nose?

it is indeed an unpainted resin replacement. :blink: