USAF gets its first Reapers

Thanks for the link! I kinda like how it looks - maybe we can have a kit... and some decals soon! I wonder if ATKS just plainly stands for "attack squadron". If so then that's pretty boring. I was trying to come up with something like AuTonomous Killer(?) Squadron. :worship:

Edited by Iron Eagle

Very cool! Thanks, BAM'n'IVM for linking! :salute:

"Predator" and "Reaper" - now THOSE are names!

Has anybody got a model of these planes?

EDIT:

Just found on WIKIPEDIA

An MQ-9 with two 1,000 pound (450 kilogram) external fuel tanks and a thousand pounds of munitions has an endurance of 42 hours. Fully loaded with munitions, the Reaper has an endurance of 14 hours.

[...]

The Air Force believes that the Predator B will give the service an enhanced "deadly persistence" capability, with the UAV hanging over a combat area night and day, waiting for a target to present itself.

Now that's what I call impressive. "Deadly persistence" - how cool is that? Talk about the sensor-to-shooter gap continually shrinking.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Garrett T-76

Unless, somehow they end up being the same thing.... :)

:cheers:

-Brady

nope the garret and the pt6 are completely different animals. garrets are notorious for spitting all of thier parts out the back when they reach tbo

I hope I don't start WWIII here... but....

Don't you guys think F-35 Reaper sound better than F-35 Lightning II?

What were they thinking of.......... ?

I hope I don't start WWIII here... but....

Don't you guys think F-35 Reaper sound better than F-35 Lightning II?

What were they thinking of.......... ?

Nah. There are better names for the F-35 out there, but I don't think Reaper's one of 'em. It doesn't need a name that people are advised not to fear in a song.

"Brave men and their proud command trailers"

So, will nose art go on the UCAV, or on the door/PC case of the operator that "flies" it?

Ves :worship: