Floyd S. Werner Jr's OH-58 build?

Hi,

I am looking for a working link for Floyd S. Werner Jr's 1/35 scale OH-58 Kiowa Warrior he build a couple of years ago.

The images on Large Scale Models where he posted a comprehensive article are not working anymore.

I would also accept the images you may have saved on your HD (I knew I should have done it when it was time...).

Any help welcome!

:cheers:

Cheers,

Pascal

Try this one, which is a more recent build with the Cutting Edge set:

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/oh58dfw_1.htm

Enjoy

Floyd

Hi,

I am looking for a working link for Floyd S. Werner Jr's 1/35 scale OH-58 Kiowa Warrior he build a couple of years ago.

The images on Large Scale Models where he posted a comprehensive article are not working anymore.

I would also accept the images you may have saved on your HD (I knew I should have done it when it was time...).

Any help welcome!

:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Pascal

Try this one, which is a more recent build with the Cutting Edge set:

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/oh58dfw_1.htm

Enjoy

Floyd

Hey Floyd,

I am glad you did respond yourself to my call!

:beer4:

I really appreciated reading the built-up but your images help a lot.

Thank you also to Markii!

Pascal

Tip: a nice source for current and past images: The Kiowa Pilots Forum

Floyd,

I take the opportunity to have you on this board to ask another question...

:beer4:

I have noticed from the pictures the Kevlar (?) side panels for both crew are mountend on hinges for easy installation while on the ground, am I right?

Any idea at what angle do they open? (just an estimation, this is not AMS)

Pascal

They open all the way until they hit the door frame. They are either fully closed or fully opened. There is NO spring or rod to hold them any other position. They are hinged to allow the pilot to get in. With them closed there is no room to get past, especially with the survival gear and chicken plate.

Hope this helps.

Floyd

Floyd,

I take the opportunity to have you on this board to ask another question...

<_<

I have noticed from the pictures the Kevlar (?) side panels for both crew are mountend on hinges for easy installation while on the ground, am I right?

Any idea at what angle do they open? (just an estimation, this is not AMS)

Pascal

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Try this one, which is a more recent build with the Cutting Edge set

Hi Floyd,

I received the parcel from Meteor Products yesterday.

Despite being overpriced at $25 (the full kit itself is much cheapper!) for what you get in the box -I blame Meteor not the master who has no control over the retail price- I higlhy recommend your parts to anyone who likes this helo and wants an accurate representation.

The shape and casting are really nice indeed, the instruction sheet is very informative. My only regret is that I would have loved to find the "disco light" molded in clear resin to replace the ugly part from the kit...

This looks very promising for the build coming next!

B)

Pascal

Pascal,

Thanks for the kind words. If you have questions during the build let me know. The pictures on the sheet are a little dark. Don't forget to check out the article online. I forgot to add the access panels on the ALQ-144 mount. That is my fault. Completely forgot to add it when I sent the masters off.

You are rorrect I didn't have anything to do with the pricing.

Thanks again.

Floyd

Floyd,

I think I have all the documentation I need from the Internet. It took me a few hours and a couple of days but I have managed to gather 250 pictures and technical drawings for a total of 54 Mo...

:)

I already have printed and carefully read your latest article.

Funny enough I "fell in love" with your helicopter because of what I call "virtual modeling" (Flight Simulator 2004).

Here are a few screenshots I have made...

screenshot022qw9.jpg

screenshot031dg0.jpg

screenshot032rg1.jpg

screenshot037vv2.jpg

screenshot034gp6.jpg

screenshot036xi7.jpg

FYI -if interested- you could get the original model HERE from this Swedish (?) guy (still a Beta version with a few gauges not working)

:doh:

Pascal