1/72 Fujimi MH-53J Desert Storm scheme

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

For the Fujimi pave low I am going to enter I need to know a few things and need a couple parts. Will the Eduard Cz 1/72 MH-53E PE set work for the MH-53J with out alot of work, I mean just take the parts I need?

Thanks

LB117

Edited by LITTLE BIRD 117
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Hey guys,

Late last night I entered my MH-53J desert scheme into the Gulf War GB, and I need a few parts for my build. If any one has two 1/72 minigun(they can be from an MH-47), at least one .50cal&,mount for the tail ramp,a search litght and mount from the Revell kit, and the laser deflector looking things that are above the fuel tanks on the pave low. I have a few things I could give you for them. Thank you very very much.

Any and all help is apreciated!

JAke

Here is a pics of the one I am building, from all the pics I have I can't tell if they have nini guns, I do know they have .50 cals though.

mh-53j_1.jpg

The helo I will be building is from the 20th SOS. It's Bu.No. is 69-5789. Thanks and hope the pic helps some.

Hey guys,

Late last night I entered my MH-53J desert scheme into the Gulf War GB, and I need a few parts for my build. If any one has two 1/72 minigun(they can be from an MH-47), at least one .50cal&,mount for the tail ramp,a search litght and mount from the Revell kit, and the laser deflector looking things that are above the fuel tanks on the pave low. I have a few things I could give you for them. Thank you very very much.

Any and all help is apreciated!

JAke

Here is a pics of the one I am building, from all the pics I have I can't tell if they have nini guns, I do know they have .50 cals though.

mh-53j_1.jpg

The helo I will be building is from the 20th SOS. It's Bu.No. is 69-5789. Thanks and hope the pic helps some.

Well I wish I could see the pics. The server over here (deployed) will not allow pics to be viewed. Bummer. And in Desert Storm the most common configuration for weapons was .50s all the way around. They are more reliable in dust than the Minis (which do fine too, but just to be certain they used .50s).

Cheers from the other side of the world

Matt

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
Hey guys,

Any and all help is apreciated! It is from the 20th SOS.

JAke

mh-53j_1.jpg

Hello Matt,

I am guessing you are deployed, if so thanks for serving your country! When you get back, if you are gone I will give you all the pics that I have found. The tail number is 69-5789. Thanks again.

Jake

Oh ya, still looking for those parts guys! Any help would be much appreciated.

F***, IE crashed after a longer answer....

Short one:

Miniguns: Don´t you have several AC-130s? Rob the U-version, it doesn´t need 7.62mm Miniguns.

0.50s: Ask you local hobby shop for Roco Minitank Set 442

1150876531.jpg

Seen "in action" here:

MH53gunner2.jpg

MH53gunner1.jpg

Alternative: Dragon Humvees 0.50s (two per kit, be sure to get a kit that contains them, ask me if you need more info)

"In action":

2220-SFHum6.jpg

HAJO

For the Fujimi pave low I am going to enter I need to know a few things and need a couple parts. Will the Eduard Cz 1/72 MH-53E PE set work for the MH-53J with out alot of work, I mean just take the parts I need?

Thanks

LB117

For my Pave Low, I modified the miniguns included with the Italeri/Revell kit. For the .50 cal I used a modified Hase B-25 one.

HTH

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

Will do, know instead of one it sounds like I need three according to what Matt said. So I will be looking for pics on the mount that -53's use for the two windows on the inside. I really like the dragon .50cals but there will be some sratch involved. Well thanks again guys.

Guest LITTLE BIRD 117

if any one has any of the parts I need it is much appreciated! I need these parts to make a accurate build. I have decals and parts that you might need from a couple kits. Thanks a bunch! Thanks again!!!

JAKE

• 4 years later...
if any one has any of the parts I need it is much appreciated! I need these parts to make a accurate build. I have decals and parts that you might need from a couple kits. Thanks a bunch! Thanks again!!!

JAKE

Jake, go to the site Tracks & troops and search for .50 cals there.

I bought theese; http://tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/index.php?m...products_id=824

• 2 weeks later...