1/48 Mitsubshi F-2B Date Masamune

Speaking of which, do you have a belly shot of F-15DJ 096 with the turquoise-green camo?

Gary,

This is not the best shot I've ever made but maybe it does the trick. It is very recent (last month).

F15dj-096-bottom.jpg

Hi Gary,

My solution is to open 2 new holes just 8mm furtherback of the Hasegawa ones, fill the front hole with plastic rod and sand, re-spry the part.

The second Hasegawa hole will be covered by the pylon itself.

2yjpuvt.jpg

About the photos you asked for will check my PC tomorrow for you, please mind that I also have the Model Art book on aggressors so if you need any detail just PM me.

Paolo

Edited by Paolo Maglio

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for posting those pics of 096, especially the belly shot. With that and Pollie's pic, I should be able to get the pattern down for 096. I usually like the blue and gray schemes, but this particular green looks very nice.

Also, I should be getting a copy of that JASDF aggressor book soon ... someone put up a link to a shop with it and I ordered it earlier this week :cheers: It sounds like it will be a good one and lots of help to do some more F-15DJ's this year.

thanks again,

Gary

Very nice Paolo!!! :woot.gif:

BTW, what JASDF Aggressor book would you recommend to get when it comes to nice pictures for reference, good deal of information and different images of JASDF Aggressors, specially when it comes to F-15J/DJ?

Cheers,

Eric

BTW, what JASDF Aggressor book would you recommend to get when it comes to nice pictures for reference, good deal of information and different images of JASDF Aggressors, specially when it comes to F-15J/DJ?

Cheers,

Eric

Eric,

this is the difinitive book on JASDF Aggressors, no doubt about it, it is excellent!

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDA718

Paolo,

Glad to see your F-2 finished ... looks great! A small detail, but the shoulder patches are a nice touch ... real nice. Nozzle looks really good, too. Pictures saved to help me with my F-2.

regards,

Gary

Wonder why I called this project the most easy conversion ever?

Well, just because I just changed the decals!!!

On the back of the kit you can see the original box art now ready to recicling.

2dbjbja.jpg

Now I have another deadly duo inmy collection buy my JASDF window cupboard is pretty full now!

2jfnkuq.jpg

Edited by Paolo Maglio
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Paolo,

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us. My two F-2s (50th Anniversary) are between Japan and the USA. All your hard work will help me make my build a lot eaiser. I also ordered the Japanese Aggressors book, a MUST for Aggrssors lovers. :D Muchas Gracias. Also, does Edward make photo etch for this kit (F-2) and the F-1?

Thanks for your help, and as always, beautiful work!!! :)

Riö<*>

Semper Fi!

Edited by Riö

Rio,

thank you for your kind words.

Eduard made vedy good PE set for both F-1 and F-2A and evenfor T-2 and F-2B.

Just search on their site.

The bang seat for the F-2 in the Hasegawa kit is very good, if you add PE details to it you will not need to replace it.

The seat for the F-1 is made by ACONUAGA in resin and is sold only by Louis Santos in Florida. He also sells a PE set for the F-1 but it is for the Fujimi kit only and not up to Eduard quality.

Ciao

Paolo